• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

People in the USA (Ethanol)

daddy

daddy

ArboristSite Operative
The garbage ruined a $700.00 set of injectors in my yamaha outboard. I won't run anything with ethanol in my small engines or boat. Screw that crap. Corn isn't even good to eat.

rogue60

rogue60

ArboristSite Operative
I cant stand Ethnol fuels especially winter gas with butane wont even run in my saws ,blowers and trimmers when hot out. I will go way out of my way at any cost to avoid that damn pump gas garbage at any cost! I just bought ten gallons of Avgas today.
Yeah same all our pump fuel down here has gone to crap I have avgas in summer ready for when nothing will restart. Boiling vapor locking ethanol rubbish!

NIP Group
Overkill338

Overkill338

Bars Of Stihl
Yeah same all our pump fuel down here has gone to crap I have avgas in summer ready for when nothing will restart. Boiling vapor locking ethanol rubbish!
My Rubicon had horrible trouble on the beach. Park it for 5 minutes and it got horrible heat soak in those middle inkectors, it missed like hell.

Canyon Angler

Canyon Angler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Interesting I’ve never heard you would actually lose power, at least not in a modern computer controlled 4 stroke multi piston engine. Carbureted two stroke single cylinder may be different I guess.
The way I understand it is that since they banned MTBE, they're using ethanol to boost octane, so a higher-octane gasohol probably has a greater % of ethanol than a lower-octane gasohol.

If that's the case, since ethanol contains fewer BTU/gallon than gas (about 9-11% less if I remember right), that means a higher-octane gasohol will have fewer BTUs in a given volume of fuel than a lower-octane gasohol. So that higher-octane "rocket fuel" gasohol actually has less energy per unit volume.

Not sure that's exactly what's going on, but that's the way I always thought it worked...