People in the USA (Ethanol)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The garbage ruined a $700.00 set of injectors in my yamaha outboard. I won't run anything with ethanol in my small engines or boat. Screw that crap. Corn isn't even good to eat.

I cant stand Ethnol fuels especially winter gas with butane wont even run in my saws ,blowers and trimmers when hot out. I will go way out of my way at any cost to avoid that damn pump gas garbage at any cost! I just bought ten gallons of Avgas today.
Yeah same all our pump fuel down here has gone to crap I have avgas in summer ready for when nothing will restart. Boiling vapor locking ethanol rubbish!

Yeah same all our pump fuel down here has gone to crap I have avgas in summer ready for when nothing will restart. Boiling vapor locking ethanol rubbish!
My Rubicon had horrible trouble on the beach. Park it for 5 minutes and it got horrible heat soak in those middle inkectors, it missed like hell.

Interesting I’ve never heard you would actually lose power, at least not in a modern computer controlled 4 stroke multi piston engine. Carbureted two stroke single cylinder may be different I guess.

The way I understand it is that since they banned MTBE, they're using ethanol to boost octane, so a higher-octane gasohol probably has a greater % of ethanol than a lower-octane gasohol.

If that's the case, since ethanol contains fewer BTU/gallon than gas (about 9-11% less if I remember right), that means a higher-octane gasohol will have fewer BTUs in a given volume of fuel than a lower-octane gasohol. So that higher-octane "rocket fuel" gasohol actually has less energy per unit volume.

Not sure that's exactly what's going on, but that's the way I always thought it worked...

Back