People in the USA (Ethanol)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi gents,

I was watching videos on ethanol damage and videos popped up on how to remove ethanol from fuel using water. Have you tried it / do you do it?

Interesting to see the ethanol seperate and know you have close to pure fuel.

I’m aware ethanol In fuel is very rare here in Australia, but this interests me none the less.

We are very fortunate in Australia. 98 octane unleaded with no ethanol.
I have a 35 year old Husky 154 and a 15 year old Chinese-made "Victa" line trimmer, both with original fuel lines and carb gaskets/diaphragms. (Mind you, if the 154 wasn't in virtual retirement, I would have put new carb rubber bits in it by now.)

We are very fortunate in Australia. 98 octane unleaded with no ethanol.
I have a 35 year old Husky 154 and a 15 year old Chinese-made "Victa" line trimmer, both with original fuel lines and carb gaskets/diaphragms. (Mind you, if the 154 wasn't in virtual retirement, I would have put new carb rubber bits in it by now.)
Yes quite right, the UK is the same. Project farm has done some fascinating videos and tests on ethanol -

I’m lucky enough to have at least 6 gas stations within a 30 minute drive of me that sells ethanol free fuel. The closest one is only 2.5 miles away. That’s all I run in all of my power equipment. If you’ve never checked this site out, see if you have anything near you.

Pure-Gas.org

L8R,
Matt

One gentleman said that he starts at 91 octane to compensate for the loss, though 91 is low to start with, isn’t it? I wonder what it drops to?

Remember we use the RON octane rating and they use AKI so there 91 is our 95.

Over here under the long white cloud ethanol fuel is rare too and hope it stays that way.

They do get cheap fuel up there though

Hi gents,

I was watching videos on ethanol damage and videos popped up on how to remove ethanol from fuel using water. Have you tried it / do you do it?

Interesting to see the ethanol seperate and know you have close to pure fuel.

I’m aware ethanol In fuel is very rare here in Australia, but this interests me none the less.
I’ve never heard or seen of this technique, very interesting. 92 octane non-ethanol is available in my area so that’s what I typically use, and there is definitely a difference in the aroma of the fuel. It seems like the more ethanol the more it stinks. E85 smells like it’s been filtered with a dirty sock lol.

edit: last purchase it was well under $4 a gallon for non E

Latest posts

Back