perfect all around chipper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hey all. i know that we each have our favorite chippers here. well i want to know, regardless of cost. what is the best all around chipper? i personally like the 254XP from brush bandit with the winch, the auto feed, and the hydro chute turn. haven't checked out the quad feed as of yet.

I am more of a Morbark man. Bandit to me is a Morbark knock off. They guage of metal is thicker on the disc, tray, pretty much anywhere on the chipper. I could go on and on. I think Morbark and Bandit make the best chippers around, but I recently used a 2100D Morbark and feel that it was simply the best piece of equipment I have EVER used. This says a lot since I used to own Denver's largest equipment dealership. Dont get me wrong local dealer support is is extremely important. If Morbark didnt have local representation in your area (although you would have a difficult time breaking it) would be import for service.:cool:

When I used to sell Morbark. I used to get the deal 9 times out of 10 when bidding against Bandit. Maybe sales pitch, but I knew my product and believed what I told them. I was confident that I was selling the best.:)

For an all around chipper, anything with around 12 inch feed, auto feed and at least 65hp diesel. Aint used a winch or grappel modle yet, but Ive run a few grapple buckest through a Morbark Hurricane. Suhweeeet!

Back