Pet Peeve, Gas cans. Let's fix it!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just get those spout kits from Rural King with the long flexy nozzle and the vent. 7.99 each, which sucks but it sure saves me a LOT of frustration

Check out my prized cans. One on left: brand new, unused 1980's can bought @ flea market last year for $8.

Center can nearly new, obtained a few years ago. Traded two pos new style 5 gal cans for it to an unsuspecting victim.

One on the right i've owned over 20 years currently semi retired/show piece.
View attachment 484837
My older plastic cans have the solid plastic neck like these and are in great shape. The newer ones with the flex neck have all broken much earlier.

My buddy gets these plastic jugs at work for free. He's a printer and they throw them in the recycle bin when done. Heavy plastic. I've been using them for my Mix (because you can see at a glance that you have mixed, mix) for years. The only problem was no vent, so pouring into smaller cans was a pain, and slow. Thanks for the ideas. The tire valve and the plastic snap both look like good fixes, Joe.

I saw the gas can problem coming. So I stocked up on the good old cans. I have a few cans that I use now. And a few new cans just waiting to be used. I don't think I need to buy another can for many years, if ever.

I got a 5-gallon Justrite can for Christmas last year and love it. I can get every last drop of gas in the riding mower and not get a drop on the asphalt. I like it so much that I have a one-gallon can on the way to use for gas/oil mix. They're $55-$60 on Amazon and worth every penny.

Back