ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Pet peve

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by sb47, Feb 3, 2019.

1. sb47

sb47 Addicted to ArboristSite

I know many of you have had it happen to you many times.
    When you pay at the register with cash and you have change coming back, it seem most "YOUNG" people just wad it up and almost throw it at you.
    I stop them right there and try to teach them the proper way of handing change back to the customer.

There supposed to count it out as they hand it back to you. Now I'm not bothered by the coins, they don't have to count them out but here is how it should work.
    If you hand them a twenty and your total is $11.50 they should first say "out of twenty" and hand you the coins first, then count out the bills and place them one at a time in your out stretched hand.
    They should hand you the 50 cent and say thats 12, then hand you 3 one's and a five.
    Thats 12, 13, 14, 15, and 20.
    How hard is that?
    It does two things. It makes you feel important and that they value your business and it's a way to double check there math.
    Most of them cant even do basic math or even count. They have to look at the register to do the math for them.
    It's so bad at some places like fast food that they just have pictures on the register.

lone wolf, spyder62, SeMoTony and 3 others like this.
  2. ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy Addicted to ArboristSite

Alot of times around here at the fast food they just hand the change without saying an amount even.

I got change from Mc Donalds, was supposed to be $3.75. He gave me .75... I asked where the $3 was "Huh?"

I explain it. I gave you $20, the bill was $16.25, that means the change is $3.75, not 0.75"

"You sure"?
    Uh... yes... I did make it past 2nd grade... SHEESH!

"Oh well I don't know how to open the cash drawer, is it ok if I don't give it to you"

WTF?! I was thinking, did he seriously just ask me this?!
    I would have said something like "I'm not trained in how to open the cash drawer without doing a sale, please let me get my supervisor to help"

Do they not have to cash out the till at the end of the shift and it equal the register tape?

Anyhow...
    If I run the till at the shop I usually just say "and $7.21 is your change" and kind of fan it out to show before handing it to them.

Speaking of McDonalds, why does their BBQ sauce smell like dirty hobo and rotten socks?!

I got a burger, fries and also a 6 piece nugget for the dogs. Told them no sauce.

Rolled the bag up to stick in the trash can, apparently they put BBQ sauce under the 2" of napkins in the bag. That stuff blew up all over my shirt and pants, the floor, the shop counter, my face and somehow even on both dogs.

For the rest of the day I had everyone telling me that I stank. :nofunny: At least though I don't work with people that don't tell about the booger hanging off the nose or whatever.

3. sb47

lol....dats some funny chit rite there.

I was reading a book one day at school and a big ol dried azz boogie just fell out of my nose and landed on the book.:surprised3:

spyder62 and SeMoTony like this.
  4. sb47

How about the people with upturned noses that never clean house. yuck!!!!!:eek:

5. ChoppyChoppy

Don't get me started on that. I've delivered wood to places that were nasty. No thanks, I'll stay outside. And no, I'm all set on the coffee, water, cookies, etc!

Have gone to others that are museum clean too though.
    Had one that a guy rolled out carpet for me to dump the wood on because he didn't want his driveway to get to get scuffed up. Place didn't have a blade of grass out of place even!

SeMoTony, stihlaficionado and sb47 like this.
  6. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

But there money is good right? lol

SeMoTony likes this.
  7. ChoppyChoppy

Been a few that I asked for cash. Maybe that's wrong, but house about to fall down, trash piled 8ft high, 15 junk cars strewn all over just doesn't scream to me "I have money to cover a check"

Once had a lady in a super ritzy neighborhood make me go to the store and get 2 quarters for change. She wanted the 0.50 change on a ~$300 purchase, wouldn't take dimes and nickles, and didn't want to take $1. "We don't take charity" :omg:
    99.9% of the time I don't need to give coin change on deliveries. Actually I think in 8 years that's been the only time.

SeMoTony and stihlaficionado like this.
  8. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

Mabey that is the reason I either just burn the wood myself that comes home with me or it just goes over the hillside. Here I can only get about 280 a full cord cut and split. That's a high price. I'll toss that **** over the hill side for that price.

SeMoTony likes this.
  9. aokpops

aokpops Addicted to ArboristSite

Bright headlights when you feel the need to flick them on when driving 35 when you leave a town never mind you just blinded the sh out of a other driver . I got some glasses for you a holes take a suck of that . I can make change but I need to see when I drive I need a cussing rant

10. grizz55chev

grizz55chev Tree Freak

Non handicap people using handicap parking!:(

lone wolf and spyder62 like this.
  11. Groundman One

Groundman One Star Gazer

People who can't spell "peeve" properly. :D

12. unclemoustache

unclemoustache My 'stache is bigger than yours.

Grammar and spelling Nazis.

Oh wait- I'm one of them myself!

13. TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.

One big pet peeve of mine is when coworkers that are scheduled to work on Saturday don't show up for at least 5 Saturdays but then borrow money for gas from our overly nice office secretary Brenda who went over and above to get the department to reissue that person's paycheck after they lost it at work. I haven't taken 10 sick days in 13 years let alone 13 in less than 2 month......if a person is broke but decides to stay in bed instead of working they should keep their mouth shut instead bitching about having no money........I got pay back on him the last labor day weekend when took him and showed him what working a 16 hour shift resetting, recovering, and anchoring bouy lines along 25 miles of shoreline without stopping was like.

14. TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.

Another pet peeve is when eBay sellers don't get don't make sure they are properly set up on PayPal to receive payments. Spent the last 3 days trying to get a seller to accept my payment I sent them. I could have been a real ass and ended with a free saw because of paypals payment refund policy but I'm not like that and kept messaging them, then today called PayPal then another message to the seller telling him he needs to check his email to confirm it with PayPal. He has money, I have another saw.
    I think he is a member here