Pic of my splitting Sunday...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanBrown3D

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here's a pic of what I did on Sunday. All the wood is split very large for use in a furnace, not a fireplace. Its somewhere between 2 and 4 cords, mostly oak:)

attachment.php

Dean

Its a Split-Ez 34 ton, 13HP (Honda GX390) splitter, pictured there in vertical mode. I tell ya, that thing has a 11 sec cycle time on 25 inches travel:)

Wow!! Nice job, looks good. I myself am getting ready to split up 2 100ft Fir trees already cut into rounds. I am doing it all with my mauls and my son. Fir splits really easy, good straight grained wood kinda like Red Alder. After the Fir I have about 2 cords of Cherry to do....fun fun!!:bang: :bang: :bang: Nice splitter though, I need to get me one of them there splitters:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Hee hee!!:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yep, some wood is faster with a maul, for example the poplar (far left). But that twisted maple there in the foreground on the left - the splitter heaves its way through all the way, and then says 'phew'. The oak splits relatively easily though. That's a mix of white and red oaks there on the right.

Good work! I'll PM you my address so you can deliver it. :D

What did that splitter set you back?

Only issues I have with it are that it weighs 1500 lb so I get worn out moving it before I even start splitting!

Just kidding, no real issues. The lever handle is always nearly poking me in the eye when I bend down to pick up split wood, maybe I'll paint it orange or something. I also wish it had a 4-way wedge sometimes.

Dean...Is that the splitter thats made in southern Cal someplace? If you have time would you post the link to their site? Awesome pile of wood, by the way. Now comes the fun part...you get to stack all of it.:laugh: Thanks, Bob

Back