Pic of the year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you just flush cut the tree to the deck or did you have to pull up deck boards and cut it lower so they could frame over it. That would be a awsome pic of a stump grinder sitting on the deck grinding that thing.

Did you just flush cut the tree to the deck or did you have to pull up deck boards and cut it lower so they could frame over it. That would be a awsome pic of a stump grinder sitting on the deck grinding that thing.

We had to pull up the boards and cut it lower, definitely was not fun.

Ha I tried that idea with the homeowner and he didn't want anything to do with that tree anymore!

ya crawling under the deck with a big saw to make a big cut lying in the dirt is no fun. did a couple of those this season

This is cool. Mom and baby flying squirel. I shot this with my i-phone about 2' to 3' away. The mom was starring me down pretty hard while my ground was videoing me just in case it attacked me! Lol

This is cool. Mom and baby flying squirel. I shot this with my i-phone about 2' to 3' away. The mom was starring me down pretty hard while my ground was videoing me just in case it attacked me! Lol

that is cool. about 4 or 5 years ago I had a bunch of run ins with flying squirels. all in silver maple take downs. haven't seen one since that season

Those squirrels were in a sweet gum that was hollowed out in several spots. There were 3 of them actually but one must have fell when I made a cut. We thought it was dead at first. Then 5 minutes later it was trying to jump up the fence and spread its wings. Then my groundie noticed the two behind me that I photoed.

Another from last year.

attachment.php

That's a cool one mike. I had two porty's and two 200' 9/16 double braids set on opposite sides of that oak I was rigging the other one into yesterday, when I finally got to the last two top cuts, standing at the wishbone, I was gonna notch then both at the same time (one each way) and let em rip as close together as I could cut em... only problem was one line would have gotten tangled. Damn it, maybe next time!! Lol.

Lets see if this works.. pic my groundy sent me the other day..
View attachment 212576

Edit: I guess it kinda worked, was a little small though. What it was is a wraptor ride... man, all the smack I talked about that thing, and I gotta say, it's a bad mofo!! May I never footlock again! Lol.

Last edited:
That good eh? HHhhmmmmm.....

Yeah, and the gay slingshot is badass too, I can hit anything with that puppy already! What's even funnier is I use a taughtline hitch when I get up there! Lol, can't kill all the old school in me yet.. some things just ain't broke yet, so no fixin' there!

Latest posts

Back