Pic of the year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the welcome, yes their was another crane parked on the street. I think he just stopped buy to see how it was going. A little bit about me, I have been cutting for a municipality for about five years or so also doing my own thing on the side, all rope and saddle. I hate working out of a bucket at work. I have been following this site for a little while now you guys all do great work and share allot of knowledge which is great.

These white-faced hornets thought they had me outnumbered...
LOL, I likey. But I gotta know, what exactly are you engaging your enemy with? It looks like several diferent weapons to me. I am just curious.

Last edited:
LOL, I likey. But I gotta know, what exactly are you engaging your enemy with? It looks like several diferent weapons to me. I am just curious.

Those hornets were tearing us up. I mean they were relentless. You couldn't get closer than 30' of that nest or they'd come at you. You can tell from the pic. The photographer was trying to hide behind the tree! I ran out there and they were bouncing off my Kask visor! I let loose with 3 rounds from my semi-auto saiga shotgun then ran like hell! Blew that nest to smithereens!
BTW, this was at a farm in the middle of nowhere so nobody was at risk of catching any stray lead.
Did the trick.
I won.:msp_smile:

Those hornets were tearing us up. I mean they were relentless. You couldn't get closer than 30' of that nest or they'd come at you. You can tell from the pic. The photographer was trying to hide behind the tree! I ran out there and they were bouncing off my Kask visor! I let loose with 3 rounds from my semi-auto saiga shotgun then ran like hell! Blew that nest to smithereens!
BTW, this was at a farm in the middle of nowhere so nobody was at risk of catching any stray lead.
Did the trick.
I won.:msp_smile:

That's awesome Glenn! We would get arrested for that here! Still would love to do that with my brothers C-8 from work!!! I had more then my share of encounters with Hornets this year! One was in your old truck! They swarmed me till I got to the ground and never got stung once! but I was waving my 200T in circles on the way down!

That's awesome Glenn! We would get arrested for that here! Still would love to do that with my brothers C-8 from work!!! I had more then my share of encounters with Hornets this year! One was in your old truck! They swarmed me till I got to the ground and never got stung once! but I was waving my 200T in circles on the way down!

Encountering bees in the bucket is unpleasant. I usually keep an old pvc raincoat in my truck for bees. Just duct tape the sleeves, flip down the kask visor, and go at it.
Or maybe I could pack my Taurus Judge (shoots .410 shells) while I'm in the bucket. Got me thinking...
I wouldn't reccommend waving the saw around. Have some courage. Bee stings only hurt for a second or two. You're a tree cutter afterall.:msp_wink:

View attachment 215627

Yes, in his absence I'm drinking a vodka rocks in his honor. Thank you all who participated.

very nice after reading the "Help" post and then finding the "Inrememberence of Printice101" post, I was very impessed with the brother hood of professional tree workers on this site,and while reading this post i thought of the pcture of Matt upside down and whas thinking it should be here thanks Mr holden wood

RIP Matt wish I had joined sooner,
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachm...35206554_100001328176195_551334_6937995_n-jpg
Paul

Back