Pic of your ugly mug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
navuzaze.jpg
bet ya can't picture me with a chainsaw after this pic lol

Hah! A trout fisherman.
Best we have around here is the tailwaters of Table Rock Lake.

I am fortunate as a trout fisherman. I have many choices in and around the Adirondacks to choose from!!
Including the trophy waters of the Legendary Ausable River in the Olympic town of Lake Placid......about 50min drive for me.
The Great Chazy River flows through my backyard on its way to Lake Champlain.
The Chateaugay River is a 30 min drive.
Many more.......

My and the Mrs a couple days ago. Her little Yota 4runner blew a head gasket on
the V6 and now it looks like a Stanley Steamer when you start it.

Fortunatly she like to ride in the Peterbilt :)

View attachment 322666

Ric,

Is that thing a 3.0? There was a recall on them for the head gaskets, you should be able to search by VIN to see if yours was involved, I don't remember the years off the top of my head.

From another forum:

Just want to let you people know there is some misinformation concerning the head gasket campaign. The Special Service Campaign VO6 does not expire on Januaury 6, in fact it does not expire. I brought my wifes 4Runner to the dealer yesterday to get the head gasket job done and was informed they performed the work in 1998 when we brought it in for it's 60k mile service. Kind of slipped my mind. Anyways, I asked about the 1-1-2006 date and they told me that is incorrect. It does not expire.

If someone at a Toyota dealer tells you otherwise, ask to speak to the warranty manager or call the Toyota Customer Assistance Center, 1-800-331-4331. This is the number from the SSC pdf document. And yes, the steering rod recall will require an alignment to correctly adjust the steering, and it is included. Besides a tuneup, we had the steering rod replaced under the recall.

Last edited:
Ric,

Is that thing a 3.0? There was a recall on them for the head gaskets, you should be able to search by VIN to see if yours was involved, I don't remember the years off the top of my head.

She has had the recall done plus some other head work after that. Has 230K and dont know if its worth the 1200 -2500 estimates to fix it. We have a few other rigs till we figure out what to do with it.

Latest posts

Back