Pickaroons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought they looked awfully similar. Seemed like a decent tool, but the Logrite isn't much more money and you never need to replace the handle. Plus, it comes ready to rock right out of the box, which I wouldn't say was the case for the L and M, and least not in oak. Maybe a guy would have better luck with it in poplar or basswood.
I think you are right Ryan. Since we are up in the heart of softwood country I would bet that tip was designed for softwood only.

Found this head somewhere cheap, picked up a "Boys Ax Handle" at a local Ace hardware and fitted it with an hour of whittling. It is very light weight, and easy to wield with a wrist flick. I was excited when I put it together - and now that I have it, I rarely use it. I find it just easier, and definitely faster to commit to just bending over and gloving the wood.

IMG_7930.JPG

IMG_7927.JPG

Looks good hanging in my shed though

IMG_7929.JPG

Found this head somewhere cheap, picked up a "Boys Ax Handle" at a local Ace hardware and fitted it with an hour of whittling. It is very light weight, and easy to wield with a wrist flick. I was excited when I put it together - and now that I have it, I rarely use it. I find it just easier, and definitely faster to commit to just bending over and gloving the wood.

View attachment 662486

View attachment 662485

Looks good hanging in my shed though

View attachment 662488
I'll take it!////ha,ha
Looks real good and may I say, nice work fitting that new handle.
My old back needs me a hookeroon.
I may get a good Logrite one soon.

Back