Picking a blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonrkba

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Im going to buy a backpack blower in the morning. Looking at the Stihl BR350. The BR200 is cheaper. Is the cost of the 350 worth the expense? Im using to clear leaves from two giant pin oaks. These things are huge, probably planted when the house was built in 1956 and its almost three acres. Any suggestions on other blowers welcome. I have a bad back, neck, shoulder and elbow so the backpack just makes better since to me. Im trying to keep it under $400. Sorry for the short notice.

Thanks. Jason.

The vacuum machines work so much better for leaf cleanup.

When I lived in Idaho I had 2 huge maple trees at the house there. They'd dump leaves like crazy. I was raking up the foot thick of them for the 2nd or 3rd time, when a neighbor a few houses over stopped by and asked if I wanted to see a real machine?

He came by with the vacuum and had it all cleaned up in 20 mins. It all fit in a couple bags too!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Cub-Cad...VhCCtBh1RxAO8EAQYAyABEgIcJvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I also have a long gravel driveway to clear. Have you ever tried cleaning the gutters using a blower? That's something else I want to use it for.

Yes, tried it once. Took me forever to clean all the goop off the side of the house, patio and my face!
I use a putty knife and a hose now! Might seem slower, but it doesn't spread the mess all over the place.

I just wanted to mention the vacuum machine. I had never heard or seen such a thing before my neighbor came by. I'd been wasting whole weekends all fall for a couple years cleaning leaves!

I pulled the trigger on the 350. I dont have the cash for a 600. I got the 6 pack of oil and received a two year extended warranty from the dealer. That way I don't have to deal with stihl, which im not really worried about. I played around with it a little bit this morning and its going to work fine for my use. Thanks everyone guess I had already made up my mind I just wanted to make sure I wasn't buying junk.

Thanks. JasonIMG_20190314_111754985.jpg

I pulled the trigger on the 350. I dont have the cash for a 600. I got the 6 pack of oil and received a two year extended warranty from the dealer. That way I don't have to deal with stihl, which im not really worried about. I played around with it a little bit this morning and its going to work fine for my use. Thanks everyone guess I had already made up my mind I just wanted to make sure I wasn't buying junk.

Thanks. JasonView attachment 722891
Decent!

$500 for the 600. A little out of my price range. I don't think the roll arounds will do everything I need, I live on a farm. I see the husky 150BT IS $299.

Took me a while to work up the stomach to drop 500. Don’t regret it at all. The local commercial services are all using the 600. Including the guy who also has an echo dealership. Lol. That speaks volumes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would've loved a new one, but got this. 150 out the door.
20190428_225439.jpg
Straps are a little ratty. And it was missing the extension tube. But runs great and is very powerful.
I got a handheld for everyday use, and only use the backpack maybe once a month. So a little beat up but cheap and runs good made sense for this powerful tool and my applications.

Back