Pics of hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Heres just a couple quick pics of some saws that I was ogling at our labor day outing. Talked with their owners and got some good ideas for the one I am working on. The first is a 225 cc bombadiere single cylinder. Owned by Brad Turner out of Australia.

I used to place in the top 3 when they ran the amateurs seperate. Now all the pros run in the same class so it is a little hard to compete, but still fun and I wont stop showin up. If I find some more contests close to home I will enter some more. You are probably right about the 325. I was asking a lot of questions about several saws, that and the accent was a bit strong from Brad. My bar is on the way to me, and I am still loking for a clutch.

Grant: A good place to grow

about 40 miles north of Grand Rapids straight up M37. Lots of woods around. Lots of agriculture, onions, carrots, potatoes, apples. The logging fest is in Newaygo, held every year. There are more pros showing up every year. Some from NY, NH, Canada, out west, even a Brad from Australia this year. I always have a blast talking with the pros and checking out their toys. I am just a weekend cutter and sell the firewood down in GR and around.

John,
Both pictures are the same. By the name on the bar, might that be Jerry Gingras's saw? He ran at Deerfield Fair in NH last Thursday and had a 185 cc Yamaha hotsaw in his truck (I'm sure he has others as well), but didn't run it. What he did run was a 3120 on alcohol in the hotsaw competition. Dead start, 8" cant, 3 cuts, 3.31 seconds even though he stalled in the last cut. He holds the world record for this size at something on the order of 2.52 seconds, I think.:eek:

Sure looks like the saw that was in the back of his truck last week. He's actually from NH. Legend has it that he learned his dead start technique from John Lambert.

Yes, that is Jerry's saw and he did learn his dead start technique from gypo but what few people know is that he learned the hotsaw stall from me, Rotax.

Robert...can you teach me the stall technique when I come to see you in November? Oh wait...didnt I teach you that in Sequim this spring? Can we stall the Predator? No? How about if I put rocks in my pockets for weight?

Back