Pics of new jonsered 2188 with iggesund forest 36" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podaltura

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys, these are some pics of my new Johny Red 2188. At the moment it only has the big spikes and muffler mods, but after a little use I´m going to port the cilinder and a thinner gasket, nothing radical, I want a chainsaw to every day work, not a race saw. I own a Jonsered shop in Spain, we opened last May, and we are importing Iggesund Forest bars from Sweden to Spain, for chainsaws and harvesters.

309669d1376652168-dsc_0775-jpg

309670d1376652185-dsc_0777-jpg

309671d1376652198-dsc_0774-jpg

Last edited:
Jimmy, in Spain we only have full comp. chains, so I´ll have to cut some of them. Thanks!:cheers:

Interesting bar. We don't get that brand here.

Is that safety chain? It looks like it has the second set of ramps on it....

Looks like Oregon LPX to me. Those little bumpers are more for 'smoothness' than anything else. Not really a 'safety' chain.

Nice saw. With the bottom three saws in your sig line............I just can't fathom why you are excited about the MS661 in the other thread...:msp_rolleyes:

You're my voice of reason! I spent my 661 money on the 2188 cause I wanted to keep things "pure" and across the board with bars and such. Very pleased.... no regrets. I'm intrigued by the 661 but Im "staying the course" with my Husq/ Jonsereds. Im getting a little ancy regarding getting a top handle though. If there is no 540 by Chrismas then Im spending my monies on a 201T. (Lord knows I'll be able to sell it "Like new 201t" 5 years down the road for 10% less purchase price.):jester: :dizzy:

Is that safety chain? It looks like it has the second set of ramps on it....

Hello guys! The chain is Husvarna H42 (Oregon LPX).#

I REALLY like that bar!:msp_w00t:

We are having some issues with these bars, and we are working with the factory to solve it. The main issue is about the nose hardening, very soft for the different woods we have in Spain, some of them really hardwood. They are going to send us different kind of hardening to lent it to some customers to test.

Iggesund Forest

[/QUOTE]What kind of blower is that in the background?[/QUOTE]

It is a chinese blower. 44 C.C.. Cheap, chinese, but it works.

I'd like to get my hands on 2-3 of them bars. Think they look pretty slick on the red and blacks!:rock:

Jonsereds look very pretty with these bars:msp_thumbup:
Some pics of our demo 2260 (What a saw!!!)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I run full comp on a 36" bar on my 390. I don't go to skip until >36". It works great in our eastern US hardwoods.

I'll pick up a full compliment sent for my 288 next time and give it a whirl. Thanks for the tip Brad!

Back on topic...that is one good looking setup. Hope you get the bar situation sorted out.

Jimmy....mobile.

Back