Picture of your special spot where you spend your summer!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coutufr

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
36e2d771f8a88a7e6f32a290fddb3102.jpg
1d9887cd9ed8c55ac79a38d2de02ba18.jpg

Yes. She’s a 14 year old brindle boxer. My tag-along when I’m out in the woods felling trees or chopping wood. She gets pi$$ed if I go without her. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have a 2-3/4 year old boxer and he is always beside one of us. Sad sack when my wife leaves and doesn't take him. When do they calm down? We also have a female Bull Terrier and he is lucky she is good natured, plays hard and tries to stir her up. Great family dogs!

We have a 2-3/4 year old boxer and he is always beside one of us. Sad sack when my wife leaves and doesn't take him. When do they calm down? We also have a female Bull Terrier and he is lucky she is good natured, plays hard and tries to stir her up. Great family dogs!

Yes, they are great family dogs. Very playful. Usually don’t calm down until they are 5-7 years old. Even at 14, she still has a little spunk left in her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norfolk Canyon. That's a fin whale (second-largest animal, after the blue whale, that has ever lived on earth) that was fishing along with us in about 100 fathoms, along with acres of porpoises, schools of shrimp and squid, and some nice size yellowfin tuna. The water was as flat as a mill pond out there that day...hard to believe we were about 50 nm off the beach!

That's the dropoff at the edge of the Continental Shelf...you've got to go 50 nm east to get to 100 fathoms, but if you went maybe 5 miles further east, you'd be in 500 or 1000 fathoms...Injun Territory!

fin whale Norfolk Canyon.jpg

Norfolk Canyon. That's a fin whale (second-largest animal, after the blue whale, that has ever lived on earth) that was fishing along with us in about 100 fathoms, along with acres of porpoises, schools of shrimp and squid, and some nice size yellowfin tuna. The water was as flat as a mill pond out there that day...hard to believe we were about 50 nm off the beach!

That's the dropoff at the edge of the Continental Shelf...you've got to go 50 nm east to get to 100 fathoms, but if you went maybe 5 miles further east, you'd be in 500 or 1000 fathoms...Injun Territory!

View attachment 651903
Out in the Canyons off Chincoteague, this was several years ago. Last year we were night fishing for Yellowfin, and were surrounded by hundreds of Pilot Whales. It is peaceful out there.
jeG14tx.jpg

Can you tell by the background? :)

Well, if you went out of Chinco, I'm guessing it was the Wash. or possibly Bob's Canyon. Others are farther away.

Out of Wachapreague, we have two canyons (Norf and Wash) which are equidistant.

It is peaceful out there.

Not always. Sometimes it's pretty goddam violent!

Back