pictures of log loads then and now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more pictures

I dont know what happened to the pictures.

Last edited:
to; Big Mac and Ray

hey guys ..some awesome picture you have collected. I have been loggin for close to 30 years. About 14 of them falling timber and the rest shovel logging and or loading trucks. Here are just a few of my own recent pics...

Last edited:
Some of those drivers had to be crazy. I bet there is a picture or two of loads gone the wrong way. Great thread.

Yes some of them drivers were a bit crazy. In about 5 years we only had just a few few loads that had problems and only one bad one...fortunately no one was hurt

Welcome to AS

If you have any more logging pic's put them up love to see that west coast timber

Most of the pics I have up now are from Alaska, cept the 4 log load of pine...thats from LaPine,OR. Here is a few pics of the equipment I have used.

Those are some good sized tree's the buncher is cutting is there much hand falling done up there?

:cheers: the last couple years there has been quite a bit of hand falling, I have seen an operator on that buncher knock down a 5 footer. it was damn tough to shovel log to the road!

They fall almost everything we have here with a buncher other then a few white pine and big hardwoods.Sucks the way the industry is depressed handfallers a soon going to be gone.Do you have any more pic's of logging out there?

this is nothing like tramplogger but here is a recent pic of a loaded dumpster we use.

I have been back here in Oregon for about 2 years and almost all is fell with bunchers, there is still some nice timber around but unless its private its still standing. There is good and bad about that but that would take up another forum.Where I spent most of my time in AK it was about 50% hand fell, other places it is still all hand fell. Here is a few more nice loads from AK.

Last edited:
And here is a few pics of where they came from. The last two pics are on the same ridge....kinda a before and after shot.

Back