Pioneer 2270 Fuel Supply issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainschainschains

Reaction score
Good morning folks! I have a Pioneer 2270 that I've been trying to get going but the recurring gremlin is the fuel supply issues. The problem ultimately is that the fuel is not being drawn completely into the carburetor and there are air pockets in the fuel lines that seem to be added by the primer (OEM). Every time I push the primer it seems to be adding more air into the lines and pushing the fuel back into the tank rather than pulling it into the carb. I added some gas to the combustion chamber and a bit to the venturi which gets her running, but she dies out after about 2-5 seconds. Each time she gets going I can see more fuel being pulled into the fuel lines, but it seems that the little bit of gas or starting fluid I add is never enough to draw enough fuel through to stay running and the fuel seems to stop halfway through the line to the carb. I've already replaced the carb with a brand new one (Tillotson HS-66A) and the fuel line from the primer to the carb, and from the fuel tank supply to the carb. The fuel tank was cleaned and it's been filled with fresh gas and oil mixed at 16:1. If anyone knows what I can do to resolve this it'll be greatly appreciated.

Back