Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l should have mentioned l have all the ipl,s Tim but thanks anyway. Just trying to understand why Pioneer sprayed dark Green on these model saw. and not the usual yellow colour.

After clearing deadfalls after a storm in thick bush I would guess the green paint would likely lead to another sale as it was hard enough to find an orange saw after it was put down.
I can't think of a worse colour except for camo.

I've added a P26 to my collection, or at least I've added it to the hoard for the time being.

Recoil is quite stiff and won't return the cord, may be a while before I know if this one can be made a runner or not. I like the Easy-Arc decal on the flywheel housing, I know I have seen the same one posted here recently.

20171007_142127.jpg

The most interesting one to me at the moment is the Sears Craftsman 3.7 PS. I'll have to post some photos in the Remington thread and see is Carl can tell me more about it.

Mark

I'm pretty sure that saw would be a Roper. I had a rebranded (not power sharp) model pass through that I picked up for a member.

The AF covers were prone to breaking as were the plastic clutch covers. The Powersharp cover might be Mag. I don't know.

Most owners say they're OK but not up to a Poulan 3700. No running experience with them myself.

I think if you Google, sears 3.7 powersharp chainsaw

You will likely find some decent pics on CC.se That will let you decide.

Hello All,
New member old arborist! I have a few old saws and just added a Pioneer 14/20 . Swap meet buy at $10. I mechanically restore all my saws and use them for cutting fire wood. I did start the 14/20, (after a recoil spring refab job) ran.... but not good . The compression is on the low side at 97 lbs. I found a jug and piston/rod online from a 14/50. Bought new crank seals and a carb kit. I also did a primer mod since the old one is toast. If I ever find the primer diaphram I can put original on. Anyone have a manual or info on this beast? I did find the specs but am interested in what the inject aire does.

IMG_1356.JPG

Hello All,
New member old arborist! I have a few old saws and just added a Pioneer 14/20 . Swap meet buy at $10. I mechanically restore all my saws and use them for cutting fire wood. I did start the 14/20, (after a recoil spring refab job) ran.... but not good . The compression is on the low side at 97 lbs. I found a jug and piston/rod online from a 14/50. Bought new crank seals and a carb kit. I also did a primer mod since the old one is toast. If I ever find the primer diaphram I can put original on. Anyone have a manual or info on this beast? I did find the specs but am interested in what the inject aire does.

View attachment 607031

There is an explanation in the manual found here http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzkzj...1450+1520+1560+2400+3200+2460+3270+Manual.pdf

I got mine at a fastener store as well.

Cory, For the first time I have acquired a saw with pitch on it. What do you use to get it off?

ALso for the guys newer to the site, look at the very first post of page one of this thread in the signature section and you will see in small green script a link to mediafire.

There are lots of IPL's and manuals you can download there.

Link
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pioneer-chainsaws.70698/

I got mine at a fastener store as well.

Cory, For the first time I have acquired a saw with pitch on it. What do you use to get it off?

ALso for the guys newer to the site, look at the very first post of page one of this thread in the signature section and you will see in small green script a link to mediafire.

There are lots of IPL's and manuals you can download there.

Link
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pioneer-chainsaws.70698/

Tim,

I usually just use a few rounds of WD-40. Apply and soak. If it is crusted on, I sometimes use a wood dowel or ground down toothbrush to carefully chip it off. If covers and such can be removed, and they are covered heavily, I leave them in a bucket of gasoline.

I got into some really sticky stuff lately. I found wiping the case fronts, spikes, etc once every couple of tanks or so with WD-40 or silicone spray really helps keeping it from setting up.

Did you pick up a West Coast import?

I am still meaning to pull that 3270 spike off and get you a template. I haven't forgotten.

Latest posts

Back