Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that sweet 3200 a runner? Have a bar for it yet? Gotta see some chips eh!
Sure is Walter. I can use a D096 bar with a spacer in front of the bar slot so I can tension the chain plus a couple of springs over the studs. Runs strong and it's very light for a 77cc saw. I have the 16" hard nose that came with it.

Sure is Walter. I can use a D096 bar with a spacer in front of the bar slot so I can tension the chain plus a couple of springs over the studs. Runs strong and it's very light for a 77cc saw. I have the 16" hard nose that came with it.

Ear plugs and a good set of anti vibe gloves optional

What did I do with that flywheel nut ? LOL not the flywheel I want to work on but duty calls.

IMG_0666.JPG

dscf3471-jpg.612026

What I want to learn is welding on these saws like the repair on the recoil fins . Tig ?

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 3
What did I do with that flywheel nut ? LOL not the flywheel I want to work on but duty calls.

View attachment 612729

dscf3471-jpg.612026

What I want to learn is welding on these saws like the repair on the recoil fins . Tig ?

Tom

I sure would like a TIG welder to learn on. The flywheels are likely aluminum but I'm not so sure. So many diecast products are magnesium as it diecasts very well.

Rocketnorton would be a good guy to get in touch with regarding TIG stuff.

suck squeeze bang blow. how we were splained in school
tig: jugs & fw are alum. rest of saws is mag in most cases. some old sandcast stuff is alum. poulan & pioneer come to mind.
never welded on flywheels. if one fin was broke, id prolly just take one opposite it off.

Back