Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a P400 today
7073101bc50c746a94c81c6400ec4092.jpg

Erik

So after cleaning a bit , serial tag says 410, is that just an updated version of the 400 ??
e85d9cb4550ed4742f9229268904280c.jpg

Erik

can you imagine the trees some of these saws cut down? i wish some of the old timers took more pictures or had a log of the days work.
Amazing that so many of them are still running too. So great to have a piece of history. I personally think the older stuff has a much better "feel." Just seems more natural. The only downside is no anti-vibe and heavy as hell but they sure were meant to get the job done!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

can you imagine the trees some of these saws cut down? i wish some of the old timers took more pictures or had a log of the days work.
When I first went into the woods many fallers were still working with cross cut saws and axes, 25 saw log trees a day was common but after a few years chainsaws were gaining ground. Guys were dropping and topping upwards of 50 trees a day and saws kept getting faster and lighter. My FIL was a full time cutter/faller for a big local mill, he was getting about 100 trees a day just before the mechanical harvesters moved in and took most of the work away from the chainsaw fallers. Today the chainsaw fallers are all about gone, just firewood cutters and arborists using saws, running saws any amount. When I drop in to the dealerships now about all they stock are 50 cc size saws, saws I once considered too small to own.

l do not see many with the optional full wrap around here.

I did well on the p40 with a full wrap . I went through it and found new fuel lines and carb kit already installed . Then I looked in the gas tank and there was a big bubble of water in the bottom. Drained and refilled . Started right up and after a tune (at 30degrees today ) its a winner! Looks like I could sell the handle and throw the saw out and make money. LOL. I might have to paint this one even tho I dont normally. You cant touch it without paint stuck on your hands.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-CH...703017?hash=item35ff5f4f69:g:~UEAAOxyf1dTJ1eQ
I looked at his past auctions and it should be $19.95. Had me going!

Latest posts

Back