Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Fellas
WoW 620 pages and still going strong, Amazing ! Okay have not been on here in quite awhile life has brought changes . I'm looking for a new bar for my P41 Western. The original bar is trash it's a Pioneer 507475848 28 SSW 50 92x 3/8 but I have two new chains for the present bar .I was thinking I could buy the same NOS bar if I could find one maybe ebay or should I just buy a another brand of bar . P.S. I have all the number information concerning the present bar as to what all the numbers mean but the manual is buried in the garage some place so if someone would care to help that would be great !
Thanks
WesternSaw
Could someone please tell me what all the numbers I have quoted from the bar mean ?
Thanks
Western Saw

Could someone please tell me what all the numbers I have quoted from the bar mean ?
Thanks
Western Saw

The 9 digit number starting in 507 is the Pioneer part number. I'm guessing the 28 is the bar length. Not sure what the SSW is, probably a code for the style of tip on the bar. 50 is the gauge of chain needed to fit the bar, 92 is probably the driver count and 3/8 is the chain pitch.

I'll bet P61 can verify all that and expound on it since he has the same bar on one of his saws.

Also, if you're really find of that particular bar and want to have it rebuilt/repaired, there are folks that can do that depending on what you mean by "trashed". They can be straightened, new tips put on and the rails can be made true again. But, it would probably cost about as much to have done as it would to buy a new bar.

Thanks
Western Saw
Paul pretty much covered it. It's a 28 inch bar that takes .050 gauge chain, and 92 drivers of chain. The drivers are the part that sits in the bar. If you figure out a way to post pics again that would be great. I bet @pioneerguy600 knows of someone who could fix your bar.

The 9 digit number starting in 507 is the Pioneer part number. I'm guessing the 28 is the bar length. Not sure what the SSW is, probably a code for the style of tip on the bar. 50 is the gauge of chain needed to fit the bar, 92 is probably the driver count and 3/8 is the chain pitch.

I'll bet P61 can verify all that and expound on it since he has the same bar on one of his saws.
Thank You Paul !
Western Saw

Paul pretty much covered it. It's a 28 inch bar that takes .050 gauge chain, and 92 drivers of chain. The drivers are the part that sits in the bar. If you figure out a way to post pics again that would be great. I bet @pioneerguy600 knows of someone who could fix your bar.
Thanks P61
Yes I'm sure Jerry would know someone but I'm thinking maybe what Paul said could be true that it may cost as much to fix as to buy a new NOS one . If I can find one , LOL !
Western Saw

l want to share some pics of different Cdn chain boxes and Bar sleeves for the Pioneer Saws.

Attachments

• Pioneer chainDSC00343_002.JPG
    Pioneer chainDSC00343_002.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Pioneer chainDSC00344_003.JPG
    Pioneer chainDSC00344_003.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Pioneer chainDSC00345_004.JPG
    Pioneer chainDSC00345_004.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 15
There are fellas sitting on stashes of Pioneer NOS parts the trick is to know them or find them LOL. I have made a couple of inquiries so will see if something pans out. I should check Ebay as well
Western Saw
I'm hoping to come across one of these stashes some day lol. There are some bars on ebay but they are laminated non replaceable sprocket tip bars. I bought one, and wasn't really impressed with it at all. I guess it would be OK if you didn't plan on using it lol.

Hello Beavers
Do you happen to have the Pioneer bar I'm looking for ?
Thanks
Western Saw

Here are a couple of examples of the tips used at that time. These are from my own stash. From what l remember and remember l am no expert but l remember late P-series Pioneer used Windsor Bars.
The long 28" in the Pic is an example and it is not painted. The 18" bar is a Pioneer Bar and roller tip.

Unfortunately these bars are not for sale.

Attachments

• Pioneer BarsDSC00356_001.JPG
    Pioneer BarsDSC00356_001.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Pioneer BarsDSC00357_002.JPG
    Pioneer BarsDSC00357_002.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 16
Ditto. Much nicer than my attempts at color matching.

Chris B.

Hello

Yes the Paint colour was scanned from a Nos part and this is the result. Rattle can paint was not used. Alkelyne enameal paint with hardner and a little paint thinner and temp above 24 degrees gets the job.
Do you have Home Hardware store Franchises down their?

Thx

Here are a couple of examples of the tips used at that time. These are from my own stash. From what l remember and remember l am no expert but l remember late P-series Pioneer used Windsor Bars.
The long 28" in the Pic is an example and it is not painted. The 18" bar is a Pioneer Bar and roller tip.

Unfortunately these bars are not for sale.
Thanks Beavers !
The one without paint the Windsor tip Looks like the bar on my P41 . Have to check it more closely though !

Geeezzz ! I think I goofed !
Here I am looking for this Pioneer brand bar that's on the P41 the one I have been going on about and I don't think it's even a Pioneer because if it was wouldn't the part number start with a 4 not a 5 ? Man o Man ! Also I think the gauge on a Pioneer bar that size would not have been .050 . Opinions Please .
Thanks
Western Saw

Latest posts

Back