Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know, and I will definitely keep you in mind.
I run a small engine business in Tama Iowa. Tama Chainsaw and Lawnmower just Google it if ever you are in need. Also have some NOS Homelite stuff and allot of NOS LawnBoy stuff. Thanks again. It's nice to be around people have a passion for the old stuff

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I run a small engine business in Tama Iowa. Tama Chainsaw and Lawnmower just Google it if ever you are in need. Also have some NOS Homelite stuff and allot of NOS LawnBoy stuff. Thanks again. It's nice to be around people have a passion for the old stuff

Very cool I will look it up for sure.

Homelite number is 93414
5aa0488a9a4efb6ccd8fe7d080fb8201.jpg
143493e6cc08a7b9a8b6fa1a781eaa6b.jpg

I know the Homelite coils will work from experience. But, the wire on the one I had was just a little bit short once the boot was on. I changed out the wire from the plug boot to the coil with one that was about 1/2" longer and it worked fine.
Good luck with the P60 project.

Picked this saw up awhile back and have yet to work on it, so it needs to go. Its pretty nice, above average for sure. In the pics its not wiped down at all. It sparks, gets fuel, but was straight gassed. Pulls over fine but compression is very low. Piston is done.
The only thing I've done with this saw was clean the coil off and pulled the muffler. Saw will come with a piston from Little Red Barn, and a NOS clutch cover. $180 pho shipped with the new parts. Pioneer thread gets first dibs. I can get more pics tonight.
PM me for further details

Attachments

• IMG_6492.jpg
    IMG_6492.jpg
    860.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6493.jpg
    IMG_6493.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6494.jpg
    IMG_6494.jpg
    880.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6495.jpg
    IMG_6495.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 32
Well my rebuilt carb for my PP 455 doesn't seem to be pumping any fuel. Checked everything twice and it's definitely put together right, Wonder if something inside like a check valve is shot. Since Walbro doesn't make WJ carbs anymore, and doesn't even publish a service manual for them, is there an alternative? I read somewhere folks are using Tillotson carbs in place of WJ's on big Stihls, could I use one of them instead?

In my pursuit of an alternative carb I've found that prior to using the WJ-20A in the P42, 52 and 62 Pioneer used the Walbro SDC-53D. While I can't find a replacement WJ-20A I have located a new OEM SDC-53D at a reasonable price. Is there any reason this carb wouldn't work instead, did they make some changes to the saws that required this different carb? I wouldn't think so, and I've even read somewhere that some preferred the SDC over the WJ

In my pursuit of an alternative carb I've found that prior to using the WJ-20A in the P42, 52 and 62 Pioneer used the Walbro SDC-53D. While I can't find a replacement WJ-20A I have located a new OEM SDC-53D at a reasonable price. Is there any reason this carb wouldn't work instead, did they make some changes to the saws that required this different carb? I wouldn't think so, and I've even read somewhere that some preferred the SDC over the WJ
When I get back to the shop on Monday I'll look and see but I think I have a NOS carb

100% it will work , please send me all your non working non wanted WJ carburetor please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my rebuilt carb for my PP 455 doesn't seem to be pumping any fuel. Checked everything twice and it's definitely put together right, Wonder if something inside like a check valve is shot. Since Walbro doesn't make WJ carbs anymore, and doesn't even publish a service manual for them, is there an alternative? I read somewhere folks are using Tillotson carbs in place of WJ's on big Stihls, could I use one of them instead?

Well I found the problem, when I reattached the recoil side cover I ended up pinching the fuel line with it! :dumb:
Running now and should only need a tune - provided I don't muck up something else! :crazy:

I posted my PP445 on the You Suck thread, and in response to a question learned it apparently has Boost Ports! I must admit I was totally in the dark concerning boost ports, but then I tried to educate myself. It seems the P62 had a designated BP model, although the performance gain from the regular model was said to be marginal. Would love to hear input on how rare and beneficial this feature is - and thanks for all the previous help from you generous and friendly fellows!

IMG_0281.jpg

I posted my PP445 on the You Suck thread, and in response to a question learned it apparently has Boost Ports! I must admit I was totally in the dark concerning boost ports, but then I tried to educate myself. It seems the P62 had a designated BP model, although the performance gain from the regular model was said to be marginal. Would love to hear input on how rare and beneficial this feature is - and thanks for all the previous help from you generous and friendly fellows!

View attachment 716928

Boost Port is super rare, I think there were only a handful made for special sawyers that cut for a living, doubles the cc in some models, it’s a hemi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back