Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's been a lot on here about the 700, 750 lately. You, ML12 and Beavers kind of stirred me up to get at it.
I was thinking of buying a saw from Otis, then figured may as well rebuild the 750 it's already here.
Thanks for the offer on the cases, I think I've saved these now. Got a coil on the way, need to get a carb kit.

l am excited to get at mine now. Your off to a great start and am sure it will look great when all complete. Keep the pics coming and stay safe during this crazy time were in.

No McCulloch connection, just drawing a parallel. OMC Pioneer was trying to reinvent the wheel creating their own ignitions and carbs. Now, we're considering swapping that stuff for something else entirely. Fortunately, the ignition is an easy, clean and legit repair. Carb, not so much.

No McCulloch connection, just drawing a parallel. OMC Pioneer was trying to reinvent the wheel creating their own ignitions and carbs. Now, we're considering swapping that stuff for something else entirely. Fortunately, the ignition is an easy, clean and legit repair. Carb, not so much.

OMC engineering spent lots of money in expeiremental running and testing the saws. including the failed wankle design, it failed because the engine keep overheating/fire risk in test facility.

Yes Otis that will work can you send pictures to my email at [email protected] if that`s okay, I might be interested in complete saw and also crankcases and put a package together. Thanks Les
Les,Les,Les,
Some confusion here. The email address belongs to a friend, and so does this computer. I have neither, and am usually only here on weekends. So, better to talk here. I sent you a picture of a 655 crankcase I think the rod bearings shot, case halves good. I have a P62 crankcase That I again think has bad case bearings and a good crank and cases. These are bare crankcases not split with crankshafts and fuel and oil caps.
Not being sure of what you are interested in, I have two 655s one complete with chainbrake, The other without the chainbrake. The P65 has the boost port like the 655s and chainbrake, There is also a sanitary weld on the handlebars by the top screws.None of these saws have the plastic hand guard on the tailstock.
I am at 400. firm for any of the three. Plus shipping.
Will send some past pics that are in this computer, saws may look more complete now. Can take more better pics if you have an interest in something. Sorry not to reply but your message was on the woman's cellphone.
No bars just powerheads...

Attachments

• Pioneer P65 2.jpg
    Pioneer P65 2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 11
  • Pioneer P65 5 Repair.jpg
    Pioneer P65 5 Repair.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 655s (1).jpg
    655s (1).jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 12
@ Otis B Knotknocker:
I'm 70 years of age and located near Buckley WA (98321). I see your location as Washington.
This COVID makes me gunshy and my Lady would likely remove my testicles if you show up here, but once things settle down some, if I'm convenient for you I know where you can find a bonafide computer connection.
Lou

Les,Les,Les,
Some confusion here. The email address belongs to a friend, and so does this computer. I have neither, and am usually only here on weekends. So, better to talk here. I sent you a picture of a 655 crankcase I think the rod bearings shot, case halves good. I have a P62 crankcase That I again think has bad case bearings and a good crank and cases. These are bare crankcases not split with crankshafts and fuel and oil caps.
Not being sure of what you are interested in, I have two 655s one complete with chainbrake, The other without the chainbrake. The P65 has the boost port like the 655s and chainbrake, There is also a sanitary weld on the handlebars by the top screws.None of these saws have the plastic hand guard on the tailstock.
I am at 400. firm for any of the three. Plus shipping.
Will send some past pics that are in this computer, saws may look more complete now. Can take more better pics if you have an interest in something. Sorry not to reply but your message was on the woman's cellphone.
No bars just powerheads...
Okay Otis I understand better, is it better to call you or to talk here but it should be more private, ans secure when talking about money or personal address? I did not quite understand your pricing from the email but I figured it now. I`am interested in the p62 crankcase and also the p65 complete saw but I would need to have pictures of each showing condition all around the saws? Les

Okay Otis I understand better, is it better to call you or to talk here but it should be more private, ans secure when talking about money or personal address? I did not quite understand your pricing from the email but I figured it now. I`am interested in the p62 crankcase and also the p65 complete saw but I would need to have pictures of each showing condition all around the saws? Les

@ Otis B Knotknocker:
I'm 70 years of age and located near Buckley WA (98321). I see your location as Washington.
This COVID makes me gunshy and my Lady would likely remove my testicles if you show up here, but once things settle down some, if I'm convenient for you I know where you can find a bonafide computer connection.
Lou
Yeah, well I'm a computer illiterate great grandpa tryin to do this at my x wife's house. I'm afraid my testicles disappeared long ago. And maybe, you have more serious issues than the COVID.

Otis B.

@ Otis B Knotknocker:
She quakes at the mere thought of anything that might speed her demise/departure.
I know all of us will eventually depart this world. I don't quake at the mere thought of anything that might speed that eventuality. And I'm not willing to fear life just to extend my time here, I'm also not crazy about listening to her piss and moan about how I'm killing her! When it's my time I'm ready! I just hope it happens in my sleep.
In Washington state, we have an additional choice for disposal; I do NOT wish to be embalmed; no matter how I'm disposed of! IMO there is nothing good for the planet in draining my body fluids and replacing them with poison (PS those fluids still end up in the environment somewhere)!!! When I pass I want to be composted. That is now a possibility in this state. I'm not certain the lack of being embalmed is a choice. A sea burial where ocean life could benefit from my not embalmed return to the environment would also be acceptable. I want my time on earth to actually benefit the planet once I no longer need this shell. Lord knows I've negatively impacted this orb; I'd like to negate some of that effect.
Lou

Hi folks,

I have my wife working on a little project for interested fellow saw enthusiasts. I am trying to make some peel/stick decals (truck/windows/wall/door etc.) using old chainsaw company logos. Just for kicks. Our first pioneer prototype did not cut out very clean. I don't have any original brochures/shop/operators manuals with "big" logos etc. to make high res scans myself. I have the standard P-Series Manual, but it isn't the best. Those are needed to make clean images/cuts. I was hoping to get started with something like this...but much higher resolution. We used part of this image, but the machine that cuts the decals wants much higher resolution. I was looking at Just seeing if anyone has something nice, clean and high res to play around with. Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance.

1589861829758.png

Just seeing if anyone has something nice, clean and high res to play around with.
Use your phone camera instead of a scanner. For example, you could get a very large and super hi-res photo of just the Pioneer logo on the service manual cover for subsequent size reduction and/or whatever else you may want to do with it in your image editing software of choice (or however the cutter wants it edited). The sky is the limit using a schmega - pixel camera.

Use your phone camera instead of a scanner. For example, you could get a very large and super hi-res photo of just the Pioneer logo on the service manual cover for subsequent size reduction and/or whatever else you may want to do with it in your image editing software of choice (or however the cutter wants it edited). The sky is the limit using a schmega - pixel camera.
Thanks Poge. (Un)fortunately, I am still managing to live in the dark ages. I've never owned a cell phone. I am pretty certain we are the only family in this city that are cell phone free.

@ Hoggwood;
I drug out my Farmsaw manual. Unfortunately, I didn't see a useful Pioneer logo.
Have you tried Microsoft Paint? It's probably possible to recreate the logo from scratch. Although any diagonals will be very small squares, not solid straight lines. That's probably true of any printed material as well.
I was trained/worked as a printer (graphic artist) before I was drafted/enlisted in the Air Force.
Good luck to you.
Lou
I too do/will not possess a cell phone! I'm willing to purchase one when they add a barrel, ammo clip, and a license to shoot telemarketers.

Hi folks,

I have my wife working on a little project for interested fellow saw enthusiasts. I am trying to make some peel/stick decals (truck/windows/wall/door etc.) using old chainsaw company logos. Just for kicks. Our first pioneer prototype did not cut out very clean. I don't have any original brochures/shop/operators manuals with "big" logos etc. to make high res scans myself. I have the standard P-Series Manual, but it isn't the best. Those are needed to make clean images/cuts. I was hoping to get started with something like this...but much higher resolution. We used part of this image, but the machine that cuts the decals wants much higher resolution. I was looking at Just seeing if anyone has something nice, clean and high res to play around with. Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance.
I took a picture of an IEL logo, if it's usable.

View attachment 828835

Attachments

• IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    975.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Back