Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. Will do that also. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ignition components are all original. I’ll look over those too.
Had time to check the compression and look at the exhaust port. Compression was really good right at 150 PSI. Exhaust port looks fine with no obvious damage.

I ordered a kit today that includes the small screen/check valve so I’m gonna install that and see what happens.
9B44D181-B31A-4E27-B36A-C3880B782487.jpeg

Well, I picked up my second Pioneer. Got the first one 10 or so years ago, it was a 700 D. Today I got a 700. It's missing the ari cleaner cover and maybe some other parts under the cover. I'm not familiar with these, so I don't know what's missing? here's a couple pics. If anyone can tell whats missing it would be a great help.
PyYoKva.jpg

jDE4xju.jpg

Thanks, clutch cover is there, and since the bar and chain are tight, I assume it's all good under there. It pulls over good. I just grabbed it and put it with the pile I wanted, I'll take a closer look today.

Thanks, clutch cover is there, and since the bar and chain are tight, I assume it's all good under there. It pulls over good. I just grabbed it and put it with the pile I wanted, I'll take a closer look today.
One model air filter, there are a couple more versions for the 750 that fit

Attachments

• IMG_1246.PNG
    IMG_1246.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 9
One model air filter, there are a couple more versions for the 750 that fit
Well, I looked on the bay and there was a cover and base listed for the "700", so I bought it. With the ebay bucks it was almost free. I hope it's the right one. It will be a while before I mess with it. I'm hooked on finding a solution for the Echo EVL ignition problems. I have several minty Echo's with dead ignitions, including a 750 that I really want to run.

Also, those of you with sharp eyes may have noticed that it is not a RA crank shaft, but a later S620 crank. They are identical, as are the rods and main bearings. The only difference is the additional counterweights on the crank. I'd guess by inspection that the 620 and later 650 have a larger crankcase volume than the RA.

Pro-tip: if you try to put one in a RA, it won't fit because the extra counterweights hang down too far and interfere with the case, I had to put this one on the lathe and trim down the extra counterweights until they were flush with the cast ones. Then it slid right in.

The machine work on the RA is pretty incredible, everything fits very tightly together.

Also, those of you with sharp eyes may have noticed that it is not a RA crank shaft, but a later S620 crank. They are identical, as are the rods and main bearings. The only difference is the additional counterweights on the crank. I'd guess by inspection that the 620 and later 650 have a larger crankcase volume than the RA.

Pro-tip: if you try to put one in a RA, it won't fit because the extra counterweights hang down too far and interfere with the case, I had to put this one on the lathe and trim down the extra counterweights until they were flush with the cast ones. Then it slid right in.

The machine work on the RA is pretty incredible, everything fits very tightly together.
Really great to see another RA restored, beautiful!

Well, I got the air cleaner and base for the 700, they are the correct parts. I still need the 3 bolts to hold it on. I also saw a long rod on a pivot, looked where it goes and it looks like I'm missing the plunger that goes into the oil pump. I also need the bolt the pump rod pivots on. So, if anyone has the bolts that hold the air filter on, the oil pump plunger and the pivot screw for the pump rod, let me know what you want for them. Thanks, Joe.

Back