Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 3200 that had the exact same failure, maybe it was common? My bore had no damage at all, but similar to yours there were a few bits of bearing and lots of impact damage to the underside of the head and top of the piston. I ordered my rings from the greek, just measure the thickness of the ring and the diameter of the bore. I believe the rings are the standard 1/16" thickness. Just order ones that are close/larger than the bore and file them to fit at 0.004" gap per inch of bore.

I pulled/pried most of the mangled metal out of the head with long reach pliers and a screwdriver/pick, then made up a mandrel and glued some sandpaper to the top and flattened out the remaining damage that way. Piston I replaced. I seem to recall that a lot of the parts, bearings/clutch shoes etc were used on a bunch of their saws.

They're fine saws once you get them running. Mine pulls a 28" very easily.

View attachment 873049

View attachment 873050

View attachment 873051

I have to agree these saws have nice lines, especially with the chrome full wrap vs. the aluminum half wrap. That muffler is also plenty loud. The later 3270SC has a larger, slightly quieter exhaust.

Might have to check that out, when I can get there.

thought you'd seen it when here.
it is a 3200, no s or c.
needs primer work and af. cory [thx] sent a pattern n felt to make one, along w/3270 top cover. otherwise complete w/most paint.
starts cold w/squirt, runs/cuts good, and is one puller when warm.
tank has been jb'd on bottom and redkoted inside.
fullwrap.
not advertised, so should b here next time...

thought you'd seen it when here.
it is a 3200, no s or c.
needs primer work and af. cory [thx] sent a pattern n felt to make one, along w/3270 top cover. otherwise complete w/most paint.
starts cold w/squirt, runs/cuts good, and is one puller when warm.
tank has been jb'd on bottom and redkoted inside.
fullwrap.
not advertised, so should b here next time...
Sounds like a good one to work on. Hope the covid slows down, it's going to be a long winter, I just putter around on saws all day. Going to try and take a Super Pioneer 51 out into the woods tomorrow and cut a log.
Probably the last time that saw will see the woods.
I decided I'm going to take one different saw a week out and cut with it. Then clean them up again.

Setting up a You Tube account is easy and it's easy to use for posting videos here. These other sources can also be used for inserting videos into posts. I believe any file sharing site can be used to insert video location links, though they won't be viewable in posts as videos, only links to the videos. These are the recognized sites for inserting inline videos.

Untitled.jpg

There was a nice P62 on craigslist here yesterday for 150, I passed as I've got too many other projects on the go. I hope it went to one of the guys out my way that appreciate the old pioneers!

Kijiji oakville ontario add number 1541229179 had two 450 pioneers for sale. 150 each or two for 250. Nice looking saws. Too far away for me again especially in the winter. Couldn,t have gone til next week anyway as finishing up quarantine for covid. My son got it from his co workers school daughter. My wife and myself caught in the checking web but have been tested and are ok. Still quarantined because of contact with our son. Allan

Kijiji oakville ontario add number 1541229179 had two 450 pioneers for sale. 150 each or two for 250. Nice looking saws. Too far away for me again especially in the winter. Couldn,t have gone til next week anyway as finishing up quarantine for covid. My son got it from his co workers school daughter. My wife and myself caught in the checking web but have been tested and are ok. Still quarantined because of contact with our son. Allan
That Sucks, hope you and your family stay well.

Renny We seem to be doing ok, no symptoms for my wife and myself. My son finished his quarantine today and back to work for him. He had heavy coughing for a week. Thanks Allan

A new kijiji add peterborough area eight hours ago for a pioneer 620 asking 150. Noticed it looks like having some damage on recoil. #1541361388 Allan

Back