Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
here are a few pics of the p40 and a 3270 that need to go, both run. Bars are the hardest to ship, maybe shipping them seperate would help.

Attachments

• p40 (1).JPG
    p40 (1).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 17
  • p40 (2).JPG
    p40 (2).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 17
  • p40 (3).JPG
    p40 (3).JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 16
  • p40 (4).JPG
    p40 (4).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 3270 (1).JPG
    3270 (1).JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 3270 (2).JPG
    3270 (2).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 3270 (3).JPG
    3270 (3).JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 16
Not sure if I've asked this? What other coils will fit a farmsaw?

I think @fossil managed to get a husky 372 coil to work. I haven't looked in awhile, but there was a guy on eBay selling coils for around $50.

It was a husky coil that fits like this one. Lots available cheaper on the Chinese sites. If an OEM coil can be obtained then the possibility exists that the laminations can be changed out aking it a straight bolt up. The Chinese ones have the laminations epoxied in place so some brackets will have to be made. The laminations on the Chinese coil will overhang the magnets by about 50% but it worked fine.

https://www.amazon.com/HIFROM-Repla...pID=41NpKJTaaiL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I think the 365 coil worked for the large frame saws P50 and up

Posted by Husqvarna addict, AS Oct 18-16

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pioneer-p61-no-spark.130254/#post-6018940

Pioneer large P series coil sub from Husqvarna 365 PN 503-96-04-05 (More than likely 503 96 24-05)

Hello I know this is an old thread but today I made a Husqvarna 365 coil fit on a pioneer P61. Just slotted the one hole in the center of the coil towards the coil itself and made a piece work for the second mount. It works great and runs good. Way cheaper then trying to find the original coil for that saw when they were all bad for loosing spark. Bit mickey mouse but it works.

I used a black unlimited coil but probably could have used a blue coil too. The second screw mount was to hold the coil back from pivoting towards the flywheel, I didn't want to try to weld a nut to the existing coil so came up with this idea. Seems to work good hasn't moved, and that stuff on the coil by the screw is seal all where I ground back the body of the coil but after finishing it I think I didn't have to grind back the body at all. Surprisingly runs awesome, before I finished it I was worrying if it would be way off time but nope doesn't kick back through the pull handle when starting, and runs great through all the rpm. I don't have a way to check the timing with a timing light etc. Just had the kill wire off to show the coil, other then that all works good when connected.

Its almost as if you had read my mind. I was going to ask about this very topic this morning. I have a P50 that has such a weak spark it won't fire. It has the big white electronic coil.

Thanks for the info!

I haven't tried that one myself but you should be able to get a coil for less than $10 USD shipped to you from Huztl so if it doesn't work you won't be out much.

https://www.huztl.net/Ignition-Coil...place-OEM-537-81-27-01-537812701-p226681.html

If you do try it. be sure to let us know if it works out for you.

Back