Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this pioneer p26 saw in a barn about a year ago and I've had a hard time getting it going. I put the right kind of fuel mix in it. The Piston doesn't have any scoring on it. The problem I think is the carburator. I put a rebuild kit on it. I just don't,t know how to adjust the carburator. This is one that has only one low speed screw and one idle screw. I can sorta get the saw to idle and it will rev up when you squeeze the throttle but I usually does when I let go at full throttle. It also doesn't like it when I move the saw from side to side. Usually it dies when I do that also. I'm not really at repairing these sorta saws and I've had a lot of help from these forums before. Any advice would be helpful.

I found this pioneer p26 saw in a barn about a year ago and I've had a hard time getting it going. I put the right kind of fuel mix in it. The Piston doesn't have any scoring on it. The problem I think is the carburator. I put a rebuild kit on it. I just don't,t know how to adjust the carburator. This is one that has only one low speed screw and one idle screw. I can sorta get the saw to idle and it will rev up when you squeeze the throttle but I usually does when I let go at full throttle. It also doesn't like it when I move the saw from side to side. Usually it dies when I do that also. I'm not really at repairing these sorta saws and I've had a lot of help from these forums before. Any advice would be helpful.

I sent you a private message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a pioneer 450 saw that had a ton aof crap in the tank and the original fuel lines were destroyed and I replaced them, but I can't seem to get the saw to suck up and fuel from the tank in the separate little squeeze tank and then into the carb even though I put a rebuild kit in.

Not even close. she is a runner. The carb has no number.

Wow, I know I read about a P35 or P30 found in the landfill or something, the factory just threw out the saws because they were discontinued

I finished rebuilding the carb on my new to me non running PP 455/P45, and was hoping someone could help with the H, L, & Idle Screw settings. It was 1 3/4 H, 5/8 L, and 4 3/4 Idle out before disassembling, but I don't trust these, especially since the L seems very lean and odd. The screen inside was pretty clogged, so who knows what the former owner was doing to try and get it to run - thanks!

I finished rebuilding the carb on my new to me non running PP 455/P45, and was hoping someone could help with the H, L, & Idle Screw settings. It was 1 3/4 H, 5/8 L, and 4 3/4 Idle out before disassembling, but I don't trust these, especially since the L seems very lean and odd. The screen inside was pretty clogged, so who knows what the former owner was doing to try and get it to run - thanks!
Try 1 1/4 on the high, and 1 on the low. The idle I never really counted the turns. Once you got the tune where you want it set the idle for no chain movement.

I would start with the H&L out 1-1/8 turns. I usually turn the idle speed screw in a fair bit and adjust that once the saw is going.

That assumes the carb is clean, has a new kit in it and the metering lever is set correctly.

It's not unusual to see the mix needles turned way out when the diaphragms start to get hard.

Final adjust on the L needle just rich enough so the saw doesn't bog down when the trigger is squeezed quickly.

So does anyone happen to have a set of the 3 keys that a S620 needs? The magneto cam key and the 2 for the flywheel and clutch?

Hay guys I have been to this site may times and tons of good info. I just finally signed up today because I finally have a question that I cannot find the answer too. So I acquired many many Pioneer power-heads and parts. Enough parts to built multiple saws from scratch, so thats what im doing. Anyway im building a NOS P60 and the only part that is not in the collection is a flywheel and a mag. I do have the flywheel and mag for PP655. First question is will that work? Ill need to file down where the mag mounts because the flywheel right now is a little big. I want to keep this as NOS as possible and so far its happening. Also being new I dont know if it is appropriate to put this here. If im screwing up please let me know. Thanks

Back