Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting into this whole pioneer saws thing. I think it's great they were built right here in my home province of ontario!. I picked up a 2270 a couple weeks ago and got it running. It's a great saw. Now just yesterday I picked up 2 model 650's for $50. I am hoping to get at least one of them running. Does anyone happen to know where I could find some illustrated parts lists for the 650's? Or some repair manuals? Thanks in advance.
59393a0d1abc5ff120f7256afd5d95c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

The rings will likely just keep on peeling the chrome off, gets worse instead of better but it might run for several hundred hours before being totally done in.
It's a p51 western it will not see much use other than initial start up so I think I will chance it then keep watch for another good cylinder.
Thanks

It's a p51 western it will not see much use other than initial start up so I think I will chance it then keep watch for another good cylinder.
Thanks

I have seen cylinders in much worse shape ran for months on end in production cutting, like 200 - 300 hours, they would slowly loose compression but still cut wood til a replacement could be ordered and delivered into the remote areas we were cutting in.

I just bought a husky 2100 to add to the collection. It seems in good shape and I was told it was a good runner with high compression. I figured I should diversify my collection! lol I am also trying to get a pioneer 3270sc, it looks like a good saw as well. That one will need a rebuild as well. I prefer the ones that need rebuilding, it's therapy working in the shop!

have good running 3200 here. needs tank.
has leaky jb repair. part saw?
sc is nice in that it has choke n less plumbin under the hood.

Where is the leak? Reason I ask is these saws have an aluminum plate concealed against the PTO side just expoxied in. Makes up the entire right hand side of the tank. If mine started leaking at that epoxy joint, I would just Redkote the inside, seal it up. Don't try to remove the plate, you'll just tear it up. If you punched a hole in the tank, jbweld or a replacement. I have a NOS tank for the future.

I'm glad. What did I tell you to do? I forgot.

From Chris,
"I'll tell you how to fix that 3200 primer. Certainly the inlet check valve is shot but that you can fix with a couple stacked carb diaphragm 1/4" round punchings--don't lose the mini clip there. The outlet check valve is sort of needle valve and spring with a tiny 0-ring that is a standard industry size-001 or something. For the diaphragm, I found some bulk diaphragm material and cut/punched holes to replace the old, dried, cracked diaphragm. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be intact. They don't universally fail like the inlet valves."

I do save all the valued bits of wisdom.

Latest posts

Back