Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P26 P28 restorers

The last piston come back to P26. Only difference I see in it and other piston I think is P28 is one skirt on the 26 is narrower. The 3 cylinders came back to P29 and or P26. I dont know these saws at all.
The Partner 650 cylinder should bolt right up to P55 P65 650 700 7000. PP114 is a polesaw, Jred 370 cylinder, Poulan 2750 PP295 cylinder and piston. Only stuff I see for my uses is the is the Poulan 335 3450 P+c stuff.

So if some poulan, pioneer, partner folks need something for a restore. I dont do that ebay high price crap some do. I will practically give what I dont want away.

pnosp.jpg

Hey guys been hanging out at the partner thread but I just got this saw I was hoping it was a partner pioneer but just a pioneer so I bought it anyway I don’t know much about it so any help will b appreciated or any info / history thanks.

Attachments

• D7C30BCF-C43B-4016-98EA-737FDCB2F0B3.jpeg
    D7C30BCF-C43B-4016-98EA-737FDCB2F0B3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
I would suggest you do a search for the history you wish to find. Any of the many search engines will be up to the task.

Looks like it has set a spell but should clean up real good!!

Yeah I did just thought maybe you guys had an opinion of them I like 50cc partners just wanted to know how they ran if it’s worth getting it running or clean it up and shelf it. It popped and ran on carb cleaner

Good that’s all I needed (motivation) ,might as well see for myself thanks. I read could run 28” bar and I don’t have a saw this big so I’ll run new gas lines and clean carb

Hey guys been hanging out at the partner thread but I just got this saw I was hoping it was a partner pioneer but just a pioneer so I bought it anyway I don’t know much about it so any help will b appreciated or any info / history thanks.
Real good running saws. Will surprise you compared to a modern saw.

"Just a pioneer " I believe the P42 is from the time when Pioneer and Partner had joined and your saw is considered a Pioneer -Partner made saw.

Thanks I thought they were yellow to. I thought it looked like a well made chainsaw at least it’s got AV. How do I tell what year it is. And what year did they change to yellow. And what’s the value of a running cutting P42 thanks for any help. I can’t get used to search function and the partner threads not so bad but to read 750 pages of this pioneer thread would take a while. Or even if somebody knows the pages where they were talked about Ghem thata b great. Thanks for your help.

You are using a computer of some kind and a brouser of some kind to post here, yes knowing how to search can be frustrating. Now on your brouser that you are using to read and post on this site there is a search engine , a place for you to type in what you are looking for, and so desire to learn about. It may be any search engine used in any brouser, Yahoo, google, bing and the list goes on.

Simply type into the search engine of your brouser this, " Pioneer P42 chainsaw " then hit enter. One of the many results of your search will be the Arbortsite threads , areas , that have info about your request. One of the search results will be, chainsaw profile- P42 , open it, that is the specs of a P42 including years of production. The acres site will be there and all thing relevant to the subject of your search request.

You are using a computer of some kind and a brouser of some kind to post here, yes knowing how to search can be frustrating. Now on your brouser that you are using to read and post on this site there is a search engine , a place for you to type in what you are looking for, and so desire to learn about. It may be any search engine used in any brouser, Yahoo, google, bing and the list goes on.

Simply type into the search engine of your brouser this, " Pioneer P42 chainsaw " then hit enter. One of the many results of your search will be the Arbortsite threads , areas , that have info about your request. One of the search results will be, chainsaw profile- P42 , open it, that is the specs of a P42 including years of production. The acres site will be there and all thing relevant to the subject of your search request.
The Lord helps him who helps himself!!!
I hate social media!!!
We're raising an entire generation of this!!!

I don't mind HELPing anyone. I REFUSE to do their work for them!
This retired Air Force MSgt would have a real problem if active today!!!

You are using a computer of some kind.....

Maybe he'd just prefer some interaction with some (mostly) friendly folks on a Sunday afternoon. Cut him some slack. Better yet, engage and provide some meaningful answers to his questions (if you actually have any) instead of directing him how to behave in a forum that you yourself have only been a member of for three months.

Or..., just search "what kind of oil" or "search function" and see where that gets you. LOL

In case my response wasn't clear.

Attaboy Screwbolts;
You provided an accurate how-to for him to solve his problem.

At old pardner;
If I go to the Partner thread will I see more of you seeking answers while doing no research/work to find them?
When you ASK someone else's opinion, the majority of what you receive is WRONG! It is most often the easiest way to solve the problem and often short term at best. Had you asked you'd find it failed on at least the first attempt. I've been monitoring this thread long enough to know what members provide sage advice... You do not! Weigh all suggestions and consider carefully what you're told. Nothing anyone tells you will be any better than what you can learn by doing your own research!!! Be very skeptical if it sounds too easy!

Pioneer Saws are arguably the best ever offered (whether they bear the name Pioneer, Partner, Poulan, or some combination of those names). Some of them (my FarmSaw for one) have an inherent problem. This forum, when properly researched, provides an often permanent repair/solution to even those problems or at the very least some caution that prevents others from making the same mistake.

Back