Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics Super Twin completed now.Originally the colour code was Blue lettering on Red, it was a personal choice of mine to highlite the lettering with silver. The Bar is 5', chain 9/16" pitch,

Attachments

• Iel Twin PH_001.JPG
    Iel Twin PH_001.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Iel Twin PH_002.JPG
    Iel Twin PH_002.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Iel Twin PH_010.JPG
    Iel Twin PH_010.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Iel Twin PH_003.JPG
    Iel Twin PH_003.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Iel Twin PH_004.JPG
    Iel Twin PH_004.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Iel Twin PH_009.JPG
    Iel Twin PH_009.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Iel Twin PH_005.JPG
    Iel Twin PH_005.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Iel Twin PH_006.JPG
    Iel Twin PH_006.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 16
If someone has a Pioneer 700 within reach, could you snap me a pic of the top, with the key/switch assembly. I see it in pieces in the IPL but I'm just not getting what parts I need. Another question, does this saw just have a kill switch you push down, or an actual on/off switch? I see the oil pump button, and next to it is another button that springs back up when you push it down, is that the kill switch? Thanks guys.

Thanks! I just went out and pulled the lid off of it, pulled the plug and I'm only getting about 70PSI. But, while I had the plug out, I stuck it on the wire and pulled it over. It's has great spark!

That pic did it. I think all I need is the panel and the button. It looks like all the stuff under the panel is there. Thanks again.

I'm only a little slow on the uptake. The button next to the oiler is the primer button, and the seal on it is strong enough it's popping back up when pushed down.

I don't know what you mean 'the seal on it is strong enough it's popping back up when pushed down.' The primer plunger is a plastic/nylon piece with an oring and a rather large return spring. Usually, the orings fail and gas shoots back up past the plunger. Plus there are 2 check valves in the primer body that need attention, both repairable.

PM for a link to my 750 build. It describes how to repair the primer.

Thanks! I just went out and pulled the lid off of it, pulled the plug and I'm only getting about 70PSI. But, while I had the plug out, I stuck it on the wire and pulled it over. It's has great spark!

That pic did it. I think all I need is the panel and the button. It looks like all the stuff under the panel is there. Thanks again.

Your Saw should be pumping 110-124 psi , Maybe a stuck ring or something ?

Your Saw should be pumping 110-124 psi , Maybe a stuck ring or something ?
Yeah, I had a Homelite C72 that had a froze up piston. Soaked it in the 50/50 ATF, acetone solution. After 2 weeks it broke loose, but was only blowing about 70 PSI. I let it sit for about 2 months, on the back shelf. Tested it again and it was blowing well over 100PSI. Put a shot of mix in it and it fired right up. I have no idea how many years this old 700 has sat. I put a shot of mix in it and nothing. Tomorrow I'll pull the muffler and see if the rings look stuck. If they do I'll pull it over till the piston is up in the cylinder and put some thin oil in it and see what that does. Maybe try the 50/50 solution again.

I don't know what you mean 'the seal on it is strong enough it's popping back up when pushed down.' The primer plunger is a plastic/nylon piece with an oring and a rather large return spring. Usually, the orings fail and gas shoots back up past the plunger. Plus there are 2 check valves in the primer body that need attention, both repairable.

PM for a link to my 750 build. It describes how to repair the primer.
Just using the term seal generically, not meaning a seal. I guess it's just the spring pushing it back up. Since it felt like there was pressure on it when I pumped, I took for granted that the O ring was still sealing up. Kind of like you can tell when an oil tank goes empty on a manual oiler. Thanks for the link, I think this is moving onto the bench for after deer season restoration.

Just using the term seal generically, not meaning a seal. I guess it's just the spring pushing it back up. Since it felt like there was pressure on it when I pumped, I took for granted that the O ring was still sealing up. Kind of like you can tell when an oil tank goes empty on a manual oiler. Thanks for the link, I think this is moving onto the bench for after deer season restoration.

I see, but I have serious doubts about that primer actually working after sitting for however long. Either the inlet check valve turns to goo or the outlet check valve is stuck or both.

Sorry to intrude but not sure how to post to pioneer forum. I have 2 pioneer farm saws, a 1980 bought new and a 85? I picked up a few weeks ago.It was very clean on outside but hadn,t run for many years .After cleaning fuel system and carb found no spark.Unable to find a new prestolite coil so figured I was screwed. Looking at Leons chainsaw parts and repair blog it told about drying out the coil. Voila it runs again! Have read 209 pages of the pioneer thread so far and found it very interesting. I have the chainsaw disease also owning 2 stihls, 3 homelites, 1 jonsered numerous poulins plus the 2 farmsaws and a parts farmsaw. Looking at a p45 now. Allan

Back