Pioneer Farmsaw Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havn`t tried vinegar for removing crud from fuel tanks, maybe you have started a new trend.

Isn't it true most acids eat magnesium? makes it turn black. :crazy2: I would not do it to my metal saws.

That was over 6 months ago. I doubt I could even find it now!

If you find the farmsaw I'd be glad to buy a good clutch cover....mine is torn up.

I wouldn`t worry about a little vinegar for just a short time period doing any real damage, may turn the surface dark but that wouldn`t hurt a thing inside a disgusting fuel tank. I have much better stuff to clean out all the old vintage saws I work on, too bad its relugated for industrial use only.

Hey guys!
Neill the original Poster here. The vinegar did the trick with no visible damage to the body, but it was only a 24 hour thing. I washed it out thoroughly with fresh water afterwards. Saw still running great,takes quite a few pulls to start but then cuts like a champ. Thanks again to all those who threw in advice along the way.

Ps-is this a good time to
mention I'm in Hawaii right now? 8:12 am, 27c sunny and windy. Just saying. :)

You lucky dog nice it,s only minus 10c and 40cm of snow over the night here in southern Ont for a Canadian that,s perfect

Latest posts

Back