• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Pioneer P-series Grey fuel cap assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba Stump

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a grey fuel cap assembly, NOS or very good condition, for a Pioneer P-Series or Poulan Pro 455&655 chainsaw. I do Paypal only. The saw I have is a P45 Hi-Performance.

Anybody help him out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for trying to help. I have been looking everywhere but have found that the fuel caps for the p-series saws are very hard to find let alone the specific "Grey" ones. The P45 I got had not been used in a long time and someone left old fuel in it. the cap was so swollen that I had to use a pair of Channel Locks to get it off. You can barely get it back on now. I thought that I could leave it out in the sun on the hood of my truck for a couple weeks and it would cook the fluid out of it but it didn't help any. I wonder if there is a fuel cap and oil cap from a different saw that has the same threads that would work?

Anybody know if a Stihl cap on say a 090 would work?
Scratch that, I keep forgetting that the cap has to be vented. Anybody know of any other fuel and oil cap sets that are vented and that have the same diameter and threads that will fit a P-Series chainsaw? Everything I have for Stihl, Husky, Echo and McCulloch are either to big, to small or are not vented.

Scratch that, I keep forgetting that the cap has to be vented. Anybody know of any other fuel and oil cap sets that are vented and that have the same diameter and threads that will fit a P-Series chainsaw? Everything I have for Stihl, Husky, Echo and McCulloch are either to big, to small or are not vented.

Check on eBay

You have a few Pioneers/ poulan pro P series saws? Correct, you could always swap caps until you locate one

I went throught my shed and found a box of old saw parts I had accumulated. I had a P51 crankcase half that I guess I kept for the bearing. It had been smashed by a tree and was broke up but did have a black cap on it. the cap is pretty beat up but does work for now. I still want to find another grey cap that is in good shape beacause the P45 I have is very good condition with low use, a good collector piece. Ebay has some earlier caps for the pre P-series saws. they look like they will fit but are in the $35-$45 range shipped and they are only black. I guess it's the old waiting game for now. One is bound to turn up. Thanks for the help.

Back