• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Pioneer P51

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Nice running saw.

Was bought by a friend's Dad who worked in SE AK logging in the 80s. This was the backup saw, so not a ton of use. The bottom is scratched up some from riding around in the back of a truck.

Told it has been "tuned". I'm not sure exactly what (possible to port these?) It does have a homebuilt muffler cover and seems to rev higher than the 9500?rpm governor. (just a little ball for the governor like on some Poulan Pros?)

Runs nice, we played with it in some logs a while back just to test it. I'll see if I can get someone to do a compression test later this week, I've got a busted rib and trying to crank on this isn't happening.

PHO, though can include the 36" bar if you really want it and are fine with the shipping cost ($$ I'm sure)

Asking $250, I'm not making anything off this, the owner was recently laid off and we are just selling it for him as a favor

Any idea the shipping cost to Southern Oregon? I wore out a couple of these in the late seventies. I've been retired for a couple years and have started to collect the old saws I used to use. This is a scarce one around here.

Any idea the shipping cost to Southern Oregon? I wore out a couple of these in the late seventies. I've been retired for a couple years and have started to collect the old saws I used to use. This is a scarce one around here.

It'd be coming from zip code 99645 if you want to plug in your zip into USPS, UPS, etc. USPS is normally the cheapest. Rough guess on about 20-25lbs

Still have. Had a few people message, didn't see them until I logged onto the site through my computer. Doesn't load messages on my phone for some reason.

I'll see about a compression test later today, I asked my buddy (shop owner) to do it, but he hasn't yet.

Pic of compression gauge is a Husky.

I was just trying to show the guage.

Whatever that saw was (455 maybe?) just happened to be near where I set the P51 down and it worked to hold the gauge so I could take a picture.
There was probably 6 or 7 saws on the bench.

Back