Pioneer P61 no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello I know this is an old thread but today I made a Husqvarna 365 coil fit on a pioneer P61. Just slotted the one hole in the center of the coil towards the coil itself and made a piece work for the second mount. It works great and runs good. Way cheaper then trying to find the original coil for that saw when they were all bad for loosing spark. Bit mickey mouse but it works.

What a great fix.Thank you for sharing your idea and results.

If I'm seeing the pictures correctly, the ignition wire is loose and not attached to anything? I'm just making sure that I'm not missing anything.

How did you attach the homemade piece of metal to the coil? I'm talking about the one from the second mounting point on the cylinder to the coil.

I think the 365 module is the same one that many of the common Huskies take.

Again, thank you for sharing. I'll be giving this replacement a try so I can keep my Pioneers running without having to constantly scrounge the original modules.

Hi just made the piece with a bend at the point and drilled a hole partly into the coil in the picture, its just an anchor to keep it from pivoting, and between the metal piece and the mounting spot on the head I made a spacer so it would level out the tab to the coil. I was originally thinking of welding a nut or metal bushing with a hole in it onto the coil but was worried I would wreck the coil from using the welder on it.

Hi just made the piece with a bend at the point and drilled a hole partly into the coil in the picture, its just an anchor to keep it from pivoting, and between the metal piece and the mounting spot on the head I made a spacer so it would level out the tab to the coil. I was originally thinking of welding a nut or metal bushing with a hole in it onto the coil but was worried I would wreck the coil from using the welder on it.

Alright, I see what you're talking about now and that makes sense. Thank you for explaining the second mounting point. I'm looking forward to giving your solution a try.

Hello I know this is an old thread but today I made a Husqvarna 365 coil fit on a pioneer P61. Just slotted the one hole in the center of the coil towards the coil itself and made a piece work for the second mount. It works great and runs good. Way cheaper then trying to find the original coil for that saw when they were all bad for loosing spark. Bit mickey mouse but it works.
Do you have any pictures? I'd like to know how to do that.

Sent from my SM-J120W using Tapatalk

It would nice to know the timing from the original coil to this new fix to see how close is the timing
Look up chainsaw collectors corner aweso.e wen site all kinds of info on most saws made

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Received my coil from China today. Will see what before and after on my P51 will be.
Hoping to get at that this week

Update: checked blue coil timing with a timing light and got 30 degrees BTDC
With the new China Husky coil I get 16 degrees BTDC. It started and revs up perky so far.
Will make the second anchor adapter and add a pic. Only ran it enough to get the timing.
Anyone know if losing 14 degrees of advance will affect performance?
Walter

Looking at the P41 and think I can mount this coil in there as well.
Will report findings as possible
Walter

Oh and to get back the lost 14 degrees advance may require a custom flywheel key and slot. Going to look into that some more as well.
Cheers

Back