Pioneer/Partner P45, PP455 Crankshaft main bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba Stump

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Working on a Poulan Pro 455 chainsaw and need new Crankshaft main bearings. Poulan part # is 507433355. I looked on Ebay and they want an arm and a leg for them. Does anybody know of a Husqvarna, Stihl or other chainsaw bearing that is the same size but much cheaper to buy? The bearing itself is a NSK 6202-16 M. When I looked this up on Ebay only one showed up and it had the plastic covers on it. I know you can take the covers off but they only have one left so this does not help me any. I need 4. I need a set for my Poulan Pro 455 and a set for my Pioneer/Partner P45.

Just take one down to your local bearing/industrial supply house. They can measure and cross for you. Way cheaper. I never buy saw bearings or seals from anywhere else, unless its an odd bird.

Recon that falls under the odd bird category then. Sorry. Sounds like my luck with outboard. Got a Tohatsu M55B for cheap. Great compression etc. Ignition module is bad. Tohatsu doesnt even list that model in their archives anymore. If I get it going, im gonna have to use some redneck ingenuity.

Working on a Poulan Pro 455 chainsaw and need new Crankshaft main bearings. Poulan part # is 507433355. I looked on Ebay and they want an arm and a leg for them. Does anybody know of a Husqvarna, Stihl or other chainsaw bearing that is the same size but much cheaper to buy? The bearing itself is a NSK 6202-16 M. When I looked this up on Ebay only one showed up and it had the plastic covers on it. I know you can take the covers off but they only have one left so this does not help me any. I need 4. I need a set for my Poulan Pro 455 and a set for my Pioneer/Partner P45.
They're not proprietary or odd in size. Go to any of your local bearing supply stores and ask for "6202 c3" bearings. They'll cost about 5 bucks each.

They're not proprietary or odd in size. Go to any of your local bearing supply stores and ask for "6202 c3" bearings. They'll cost about 5 bucks each.
Don't have any industrial or bearing specific supply stores in my small Southwestern town but we do have a Oreilly's Auto Parts, Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts and a Napa. Not big stores but one might have something. Napa is probably going to be my best bet, Oreilly's and Autozone never have anybody that knows what to look for. Last time I went to Autozone the guy didn't even know what a chain wrench was. He asked if it was for working on a motorcycle chain. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

OK, guys, I did my research and found the seal is also a Husqvarna part #. I found them on "Jack's Small Engines" website for $4 a piece. That was a lot better than $13 a piece on ebay. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

Almost forgot, I can't find a crankcase gasket anywhere. Every place I look has it listed as no longer available and Ebay comes up blank. The part # shows 507430190 or 430190. Does anybody know a supplier? If I have to use a liquid type gasket what would you all recommend?

Ask Mike if he has a set of bearings to sell with his gaskets? Otherwise, order 6202 c3 non sealed bearings. The tolerance is the c3. You can get them from ebay, you just have to ask one of the bearing guys for the spec.

If Mikes gaskets wont work, cut the gasket you need out of a brown paper bag and use loctite 515 to seal it. If your not sure how to cut a gasket, check you tube for the shortcuts.

Here is 6203-c3, https://www.ebay.com/itm/6203-2RS-C3-SKF-Double-Sealed-Bearing-17x40x12-mm/132031853368?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Ask Mike if he has a set of bearings to sell with his gaskets? Otherwise, order 6202 c3 non sealed bearings. The tolerance is the c3. You can get them from ebay, you just have to ask one of the bearing guys for the spec.

If Mikes gaskets wont work, cut the gasket you need out of a brown paper bag and use loctite 515 to seal it. If your not sure how to cut a gasket, check you tube for the shortcuts.

Here is 6203-c3, https://www.ebay.com/itm/6203-2RS-C3-SKF-Double-Sealed-Bearing-17x40x12-mm/132031853368?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I ordered a couple of the ones you recommended. We'll see how well they fit when they come. I will compare to the poulan ones I ordered. The seals I ordered from Jacks Small Engines are no longer available. they sent me a email saying they cancelled my order and that they were no longer available. hopefully mikes are the right ones. They look to be.

Back