Pipe dream or can I make decent money

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should give it a go, it is well built and works just like it says. I am not dealing with big heavy wood, biggest I put on it is 8 foot length of 10-11 inch Birch and it handles it no problem.

I don't think I could work with one of those on, especially shoulder carrying wood out I would imagine the wood and bark constantly getting snagged up on it not to mention the brush I am packing it through. May have to stick to my Deet suit lol.
Would be good to have in case they attack you in a swarm.

Bitsy do you ever see Chaga on those birch trees?
https://chagahq.com/

Yes I do, have a some nice ones marked for harvest this winter :) My wife and I have been hunting and harvesting it since we moved into this area, awesome stuff.
We drink tea from it daily, think I will have more then enough this winter to make it worthwhile selling some..

Yes I do, have a some nice ones marked for harvest this winter :) My wife and I have been hunting and harvesting it since we moved into this area, awesome stuff.
We drink tea from it daily, think I will have more then enough this winter to make it worthwhile selling some..
Awesome i'm impressed you are aware of it. You prob never get the Flu either?

Bitsy do you ever see Chaga on those birch trees?
https://chagahq.com/

I used to save it, thinking I could get a few $$s, but couldn't even give it away.

I even contacted a few places that claim to sell the stuff to see if they wanted it, couldn't even get a call back.

Tried it before, YUK!
Tastes like old potato house dirt mixed with stale mildewy basement.

I used to save it, thinking I could get a few $$s, but couldn't even give it away.

Tried it before, YUK!
Tastes like old potato house dirt mixed with stale mildewy basement.

Things have changed a lot regarding Chaga in the last 2 years, it is not hard to sell at all and is going for $40-$50 a pound in chunks and up to $80 ground. May be worth another look :)

For the taste I don't mind it but prefer to add it to a tea I like or my coffee in the morning. I don't even notice it is there that way.

Things have changed a lot regarding Chaga in the last 2 years, it is not hard to sell at all and is going for $40-$50 a pound in chunks and up to $80 ground. May be worth another look :)

For the taste I don't mind it but prefer to add it to a tea I like or my coffee in the morning. I don't even notice it is there that way.

Dunno, like I said, can't even give the stuff away here.

Chaga is kind of a big thing here also. My FIL has been using it for a year or so now & swears by it.

I would be happy to take it off your hands and give you a chunk of what I sell it for. Has to be harvested in winter though otherwise it aint much good.

We log year round, if it's off a tree cut other than winter it's no good?

Latest posts

Back