Piston wear question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAngelotti1

Red Cows, Orange Saws
Reaction score
0E0C125B-429B-4173-A258-FD27209B0026.jpeg 9BB4FD32-2910-4D99-AD4E-D6A526E993B5.jpeg Ms 460 a friend of mine asked me to find a lean issue on. I’ve found brittle fuel line and intake book ripped in my hand. Saw is currently (before disassembly) making 162 psi. I’m fine with that. My question is does anyone feel concern for scuff on piston skirt/exhaust side not close to rings? See pics.

I am one of the staunch believers in using OEM moving parts like P&C`s. There is just too much inconsistencies in quality control of AM parts for me to use or recommend, many others agree with me but you will get plenty of others that have used about any brand name aftermarket sets that got good service from them. I just cannot trust using these cheap parts in a customers saw. I don`t use them in my own saws as I am not interested in saving money on my own tools that I can write off on my taxes.

I am one of the staunch believers in using OEM moving parts like P&C`s. There is just too much inconsistencies in quality control of AM parts for me to use or recommend, many others agree with me but you will get plenty of others that have used about any brand name aftermarket sets that got good service from them. I just cannot trust using these cheap parts in a customers saw. I don`t use them in my own saws as I am not interested in saving money on my own tools that I can write off on my taxes.
Well said. He will be happy to pay for own.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that! Hidden under the grime.

New Top end and fuel line and intake, it should run well.

Vacuum leak test after assembly to make sure there aren't any other air leaks.

Latest posts

Back