Plastic tool/work boxes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicksterdemus

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Waly-World carries @ least two different sized plastic boxes that are made from recycled plastic.

Anywho, that didn't draw my attention, but the mini truck box is mounted on the back rack of my atv.

I can stand on it w/pole saw and it gives me close to 5'.

The larger size isn't that sturdy, it's caled a tool bin, yet it's larger and I mounted it on the little atv/utility tilt trailer.

Both were 40 clams each. I needed the bigger tool bin to tote small saws & miscellanious wood splitting/cutting/fence repair junk.

These are honeycombed & use rounded edges as well for structural strength.

Also you can open them up & pop off the lid at the hinges if you're so of mind.

Thought I'd share. If anyone is intereted I can take the UPC numbers off the tags along w/dimensions.

I put flat metal down and used self-tapping screws on the corners from inside the box.

I had diamond grid on the trailer and used three small muffler clamps to hold the flat metal and did use the remaining muffler clamp to secure the front of the tool bin down in case I decided to take a road trip.

The screws were a tad short to hold the metal, on top of the diamond grid & fasten to/through the angle iron.

I pop riveted the flat metal to my racks & shot the screws through the metal and the rack tubes.
------------------------------------
Greene Horizon, and this is imprinted in the top on the smaller box.

31"x17.5"x13.5"--Truck Box also called mini-truck box-080409973118

When it's hot, motor has been running, I sit on the box & rest my feet on the fenders.

Smart Bin-50 US GL-40"x24.5"x18" --080409940241

Last edited:
The other Greene Horizon box is the 20gl Power Packer and it's available at your friendly Home Depot for 30 clams.

It's the same size basically as the mini truck, but w/different lid that sez do not stand. It comes in at 31" x 17.5" x 14".

I think the bottom of it & the mini truck are the same.

This lid has 4 cupholder holes recessed in the corners w/square recessed between the left & right cup holders.

Then there's two rectangles recessed, on the inside of each 2 dupholder/square combo, wflush top in between the rectangles.

I guess that's for holding junk.

I'm happy w/mini-truck box w/smooth top and the ability to stand and work off it for the extra 10 bucks or so.

Anywho I'd reported on the two Greene Horizon boxes from Waly-World, so I thought I'd mention yet another of their fine Canadian producrs, eh?

Feed a Canuck, buy a box...

Plastic tool boxes

I have an Israeli made plastic box for my saw tool kit, but keep it out of
the sun and major temperature variations when not used. Plastic seems to break down quicker than metal.

Years back I bought Rubbermaid roughneck bins for hauling my saw junk around and the plastic top on both cracked and split.

Howevah, these tops weren't that thick.

I think part of the trick is making them thick enough.

Maybe, maybe not, yet the roughneck line was nothing more than a mildly heavier container. The bottoms are still good and were built heavier.

Guess they were trying to save weight w/lids or maybe they thought no one would use them outside.

As previously stated I can stand on the mini-box w/Stihl power pruner and walk around w/no give.

They're fairly thick and structurally sound w/ mini-truck box being the strongest & the only one I would want to walk on.

That box on the back of the ATV gives me right at 5' extra.

I carry hand tools and water in that one.

plastic truck boxes

I have seen many sagged in the middle after much time in the sun. I have an older than 20 year old sheet metal truck tool box. it needs paint, but the only sag is on an internal sliding tool plastic drawer.
The checkerboard shiny ones may last longer, but are more expensive.

Agreed, yet there's sumpthin' to be said for the weight savings for me.

I'm using a 230cc Bear Tracker and pulling a 4x8 utility trailer.

Anywho, the bigger box on the trailer is out in the elements while the little 4-wheeler stays in a shed.

Time will tell, but check 'em out for yaself the next time ya in Waly's jerint...

Back