Plate between saw and bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunt4lumber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is the purpose of this plate?

Should I use this for Milling when using a low Pro setup?IMG_20180709_111401521_HDR.jpg IMG_20180709_111444598.jpg

Thanks Greg

Finally put low Pro setup (I bought from Left coast)on 660 for Milling, it seams really tight even to hand spin it brand new

Ran it for a quick trial run which got some oil in all places and it seamed to loosen up slightly but still tighter than other milling setups I've run( are they typically tighter in the bar than other brands?)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Howdy,
Nobody else has mentioned being tight yet. As long as it moves smoothly (no clicking or clacking going around the sprockets), I would say give her a rip and check it again.
Regards
Gregg

If I remember correctly -low pro chain is just a bit shy of of the link spacing of standard 3/8 even though it is called a 3/8 spacing were talking a few thousandnths here per link- but that adds up when you have a long bar.

If I remember correctly -low pro chain is just a bit shy of of the link spacing of standard 3/8 even though it is called a 3/8 spacing were talking a few thousandnths here per link- but that adds up when you have a long bar.
And I concur.. And it varies from saw to saw, bar to bar. Sometimes it's a worn goove in the sprocket.. Feels right in the groove but then hits higher ground and tightens up

Howdy,
I'm pretty sure the Lo Pro standard spline rim was purchased at the same time. The bar also has a Lo-Pro tip so, it should be pretty smooth as far as pitch goes.
Regards
Gregg

I used it today Milling up some Oak and it loosened up, I think it was just also knew that it was really tight

It did loosen up a lot after the first run which is normal stretch
31ddcd6a9eaab2a5b2eddc15bcef9662.jpg
4dcefa093f113ede0399890fce103a9c.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back