• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Please close thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
be extremely careful! there is a scammer amongst us !
i ,dont think gary was calling you a scammer he was just stating there is a lot of scammers out there selling items on ksl classified adds here in utah there is always a ms440 ms 441 ms 460 ms 461 in near new conditions for $300-$400 that( dont) exist :) however they will be glad to take your money

If you are I'd say you're the most dedicated scammer in history, joining almost 5 years ago and waiting until now to scam someone. Aside from ripping a seller off through paypal, I don't see how you could scam on the purchase either.

well for instance if you pay with friends and family to avoid the 3% fees ....you have no recourse to get your money back...... (hence the term friends and family ) and scammers are (most dedicated to there job) well it is there full time job !!! ;)

well for instance if you pay with friends and family to avoid the 3% fees ....you have no recourse to get your money back...... (hence the term friends and family ) and scammers are (most dedicated to there job) well it is there full time job !!! ;)

It does not matter how you pay. It is tough to get your money back if you use paypal. Yes your credit card company will help some but not always. My bank will not do sh..t

Yes but the OP would be the purchaser and my interpretation of the comment suggests that he's a scammer. With a gift payment, he would be the only one potentially being scammed.

There is recourse to get your money back on gift payment BTW. I had someone try to rip me off and I contacted paypal, I played dumb about not knowing about the friends and family to avoid the fee and said thats what the seller requested but I got my money back and the seller had their account locked for accepting a gift payment for goods.

.................... I played dumb about not knowing about the friends and family to avoid the fee and said thats what the seller requested but I got my money back and the seller had their account locked for accepting a gift payment for goods.

I bet you in that case the seller kept the money also.

Yes but the OP would be the purchaser and my interpretation of the comment suggests that he's a scammer. With a gift payment, he would be the only one potentially being scammed.

There is recourse to get your money back on gift payment BTW. I had someone try to rip me off and I contacted paypal, I played dumb about not knowing about the friends and family to avoid the fee and said thats what the seller requested but I got my money back and the seller had their account locked for accepting a gift payment for goods.
you were lucky

It does not matter how you pay. It is tough to get your money back if you use paypal. Yes your credit card company will help some but not always. My bank will not do sh..t

Completely incorrect, all you have to do (with payment for goods) is start a dispute and paypal freezes the funds in the sellers account immediately if they're still there. If they're not, they debit them from the account after a decision has been made in the dispute if its in the buyers favor. Paypal always sides with the buyer, even if the seller offers solid evidence.

I just recently went through this. I sold two shocks on eBay to a buyer. The day they arrived the buyer claimed one was bad and requested a return, eBay said I had to accept the return. He sent his used blown out shock back and eBay refunded him immediately. I reported him that day and sent eBay pictures showing that he returned a different item from what was sent (without his knowing), and that same day he requested a return for the second, same thing. On the second eBay told him to kick rocks and decided in my favor for the first and gave me the money back. The buyer opened a dispute through paypal for the second one and they decided in his favor immediately and said I couldn't even appeal it despite eBay finding in my favor for the first and the evidence I forwarded. It's very easy to get ripped off via paypal as a seller, don't trust it unless you can trust who you are dealing with.

Completely incorrect, all you have to do (with payment for goods) is start a dispute and paypal freezes the funds in the sellers account immediately if they're still there. If they're not, they debit them from the account after a decision has been made in the dispute if its in the buyers favor. Paypal always sides with the buyer, even if the seller offers solid evidence...............

Well I am not incorrect. A scammer is a heck of a lot smarter than you give them credit. Let's say I am a scammer and agree to sell you item X on January 2. On that date you send me $350. On that date I do one of two things. I transfer that money to a bank account (which will take three days) or I purchase an item. I blow smoke up your rear and tell you I am mailing it out on January 2nd. Most folks will not be expecting it until around January 5th-7th. That allows me ample time to run the scam and get the money out of my paypal account. You file a claim with paypal January 8th and as you say "they freeze my account" Well guess what they freeze a ZERO balance. I just walked away with YOUR money. Paypal tells you they could not recover your funds. You may or may not get a credit FROM PAYPAL depending on the circumstances. I have seen it go both ways

Well I am not incorrect. A scammer is a heck of a lot smarter than you give them credit. Let's say I am a scammer and agree to sell you item X on January 2. On that date you send me $350. On that date I do one of two things. I transfer that money to a bank account (which will take three days) or I purchase an item. I blow smoke up your rear and tell you I am mailing it out on January 2nd. Most folks will not be expecting it until around January 5th-7th. That allows me ample time to run the scam and get the money out of my paypal account. You file a claim with paypal January 8th and as you say "they freeze my account" Well guess what they freeze a ZERO balance. I just walked away with YOUR money. Paypal tells you they could not recover your funds. You may or may not get a credit FROM PAYPAL depending on the circumstances. I have seen it go both ways
correct, happened to a guy at my work funds were in paypal then right before the item shipped the scammer removed the funds he caught it before it shipped but ******

correct, happened to a guy at my work funds were in paypal then right before the item shipped the scammer removed the funds he caught it before it shipped but ******

That is a little different then what I was talking about and harder for a scammer to do but is related. In that case if he already had shipped the item he has some recourse. That is if it is shipped FedEx or UPS. If it is then you as the shipper can request a re-direct and have the box returned to him.

Yes, you are incorrect. You should read my comment again. If you transfer the money out, they will debit the bank account linked or the credit card. It will go through even if you don't have the funds in your checking account linked and it will overdraft your account. I've been on that ride numerous times with scammers, I even set up a separate checking account that I only use for paypal and keep a minimal balance and they still pull it out whether I've transferred it out or not.

Bottom line, if a buyer wants to screw you over they can. Paypal does not care. That's why as a seller you shouldn't use paypal for any amount that you aren't comfortable with losing.

Yes, you are incorrect. You should read my comment again. If you transfer the money out, they will debit the bank account linked or the credit card. It will go through even if you don't have the funds in your checking account linked and it will overdraft your account. I've been on that ride numerous times with scammers, I even set up a separate checking account that I only use for paypal and keep a minimal balance and they still pull it out whether I've transferred it out or not.

Bottom line, if a buyer wants to screw you over they can. Paypal does not care. That's why as a seller you shouldn't use paypal for any amount that you aren't comfortable with losing.

No I am not incorrect. They cannot take money that is not there. A scammer is much smarter than that. Once a scammer transfer the money from paypal to a bank account they withdraw the money. IT IS NOT THERE for anyone to take. It is cold cash in their pocket. There is nothing Paypal can do about it

So You're calling me a scammer because I'm trying to find a saw that in price range I've seen them selling in? You don't even know me! This place is a joke, maybe a mod can close this thread..
No sir ! There is one posting on here that has already tried to scam me with a saw on e-bay. Just trying to warn you to be careful that is all. My apologies for you taking it the wrong way.

Back