Please help ID this Husqvarna 350 part

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnsam94

Reaction score
Brand new to this forum and don't know much about chainsaws, but I've searched and searched on Google with no luck finding out what part I knocked loose/off. I have no clue. I was trying to get the flywheel off my Husky 350, using a hammer when this piece fell to the floor. It's about 1 1/4" long and about 1/8 inch in diameter. It has three equally sized and spaced slots/grooves (the photo only shows one groove). I have no idea what part of the saw it came off of and I've searched online diagrams with no luck finding out what it is. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate any help. I think I bought this saw between 2001-2003. It's served me well over the years and I need to know what part it is so I can put it back together. Thanks, Perry
IMG_4299 (1).JPG

Thanks for the guess. Unfortunately, it’s not the trigger pin. This pin is longer (1 1/4”). The 3 grooves (I may need to take another photo) should be indicative of something, but I haven’t been able to find it on any parts diagram. I afraid to put the saw back together for fear of it being something important. I figured if anyone would know, it would be someone on this forum because I’ve seen a lot of threads about rebuilding Husqvarna 350s. Any other guesses?

I've worked on and built from parts a good number of these, including parting a bunch out and can't picture that type of pin going anywhere on that saw.

You certainly have my curiosity piqued to the point I'm going to have to wander out to the shop and dig through some boxes...
I'm inclined to say it found it's way in there from somewhere else.

The three grooves are there to expand the diameter a bit to facilitate a press fit to help retain the pin in the hole, much like a roll or tension pin.

Thanks for the guess. Unfortunately, it’s not the trigger pin. This pin is longer (1 1/4”). The 3 grooves (I may need to take another photo) should be indicative of something, but I haven’t been able to find it on any parts diagram. I afraid to put the saw back together for fear of it being something important. I figured if anyone would know, it would be someone on this forum because I’ve seen a lot of threads about rebuilding Husqvarna 350s. Any other guesses?
I've worked on and built from parts a good number of these, including parting a bunch out and can't picture that type of pin going anywhere on that saw.

You certainly have my curiosity piqued to the point I'm going to have to wander out to the shop and dig through some boxes...
I'm inclined to say it found it's way in there from somewhere else.

The three grooves are there to expand the diameter a bit to facilitate a press fit to help retain the pin in the hole, much like a roll or tension pin.
Here is a better pic of the part in question. In the second photo, what is the deep, inner hole for (closest to the center)? That hole is on the handle portion. For reference, the wires from the ignition coil go through the upper left hole. I don't know what the top hole is for (any idea?). The hole right below that one is for one of the bolts for the flywheel cover. The center left hole is for a bolt to hold plastic air deflector piece right by the flywheel. The hole/holes in question are close to center. Don't know what the outer hole is for, but the pin in question fits snugly in the deeper, inner hole. Could that be where it goes? If it does, I don't know what purpose it would serve.
IMG_4301.JPGIMG_4303.JPG

I'd have to pull one off the shelf but it seems like there is a plain pin movement limiter in that area. Kinda like the rubber ones on the bottom but just a pin. There would be a corresponding pocket on the tank.

Yup, a limiter pin it is. The 'outer hole' is the pocket that sets the limit of movement between the tank/handle and crank case.
Of four handles I just looked at, one has the pin and the other three have empty, slightly wallowed out looking holes.
I'll have to pay attention to these in the future...

Yup, a limiter pin it is. The 'outer hole' is the pocket that sets the limit of movement between the tank/handle and crank case.
Of four handles I just looked at, one has the pin and the other three have empty, slightly wallowed out looking holes.
I'll have to pay attention to these in the future...
Thank you so much. I’m relieved in knowing that it’s not too important. I wonder why I couldn’t find the part on any of the diagrams I found online. So, I assume these must fall out relatively easily since on three of yours the pin is missing. Well, I guess I shouldn’t say easily because I was using a hammer (not having a puller) to get the flywheel off. :) My attempt was unsuccessful and two local repair shops (one got the flywheel off in a matter of seconds) couldn’t identify the mystery part. So, to clarify, the pin limits the movement, being limited by the size of the outer hole? The pin fits in there pretty snugly but I didn’t want to push it in too far. I suppose I should though (maybe it bottoms out?) with a light tap from a hammer to properly seat it. This is only my second time taking this saw (any saw for that matter) apart, and I’m really impressed and appreciate the knowledge of people on these forums. Thanks again.

Back