Please post pics of your splitter in action...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't think it is cool to be against the American hater? So how long have you hated America?
If you don't think it is cool then you don't understand what obummer is all about and for that discussion we need to go to the political forums. I will go and get one started. See you there?

"So how long have you hated America?"
W.T.F..... you don't even know me..... Wow!!! You have know idea how retarded that sounds!! You think it all right to insult people that you don't even know?
Just go away.... this is a forum for woodsman's not for you to spew you political nonsense.....

I would never shove my personal political beliefs in someone else's face, it is just wrong, especially in a ArboristSite forum... I may be just as critical of the President as you, but I have tact.... If you had any you would understand what I am talking about!! Nobody here want to see your big banners on your messages... now lets talk about firewood!!

I'm the one behind the camera here. Splitter can go down just a hair lower depending on how I adjust the hitch.

attachment.php

Ummm are those pluming quote's in you pocket?

Back to topic now

Rather than showing my splitter busting simple straight grained wood my splitter is taking a big oak crotch head on.
attachment.php

3-4 blows later
attachment.php

Out behind the wood shed.....

The older I get, the more I think that there has got to be something said for fathers that take there young growing boys out behind the wood shed and teach them a little something called respect... Thanks Dad....

The more I use the Internet, the more I realize that other Fathers have not done the same with there own boys...

The older I get, the more I think that there has got to be something said for fathers that take there young growing boys out behind the wood shed and teach them a little something called respect... Thanks Dad....

The more I use the Internet, the more I realize that other Fathers have not done the same with there own boys...

Looks like you need to make a visit back home ya hypocrite.

So back to the big Splitter, do you get many logs stuck against the beam? I see your horizontal wedge has a cutting edge that goes both up and down. I have found that most successful 4 way wedges only go up, with one cutting edge. I had a couple ones built, and the worst thing was getting wood stuck between the wedge and the bed. Had to grind off 1/2 cutting edge to make it work.

So back to the big Splitter, do you get many logs stuck against the beam? I see your horizontal wedge has a cutting edge that goes both up and down. I have found that most successful 4 way wedges only go up, with one cutting edge. I had a couple ones built, and the worst thing was getting wood stuck between the wedge and the bed. Had to grind off 1/2 cutting edge to make it work.

Sorry about that......Yes lets get back to talking about woodsplitters.

Yes you are correct....I can see that you have been around this stuff awhile. I use the hoist to create the clearance that I need between the bottom of the horizontal wedge and the top of the beam. It has to hang in the air off the hoist or you will have it so stuck that somebody might mistake you as a Chainsaw carver.... carving out a bear, a not somebody splitting firewood!! I saying that I will so stuck you will have to cut it out with a saw. If I did not have the hoist I would need a single direction cutter on the horizontal wedge and face it upwards. It still would rob a lot of the hydraulic power (friction)but I don't think it would get stuck.

I would like to build another one with the wedge on its own ram and have the wedge move up and down and also have it float. I would also have a small hydraulic jammer on it instead of a electric hoist. This was my 1st attempt at building a woodsplitter. It works good.... but the gears are spinning in my head for model #2

New Glarus

Yeech. PBR. C'mon man, you're from Wisconsin. How about showing New Glarus Brewing a little love?? They make beer too, but with taste ;)

Edit: I do English good.

PBR is good woodsplitting beer, but if your going to sit down and enjoy a great beer with great friends, New Glarus is the right beer.

I do drink my far share of Spotted Cow.... If you want some other great Wisconsin Beer, try some Potosi.

http://www.potosibrewery.com/

Or

Point Special Beer

http://pointbeer.com/point/

Pabst is good american beer. Red White and Blue right on the label. No norwegian owned king of american beer bullcrap at my house!!

:agree2:I love PBR-it's great beer and it's all I drink. Full flavored, fully leaded, unlike that Bud Lite...which is just unleaded squirrel piss.

Not mine but still...

A loaner I get to use every fall. Faver Rex Junior 35t, modified with extensions on the ram plate and wedge. I can get up to 40" long and the biggest round I think was a good foot higher than the top of the wedge. It's a fun tool to use and I'd sure like to own one.

picture.php

Latest posts

Back