Please recommend a forest safety helmet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clydesdale6

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have looked on Amazon and searched the internet quite a bit, but the reviews range a lot. I am looking for a helmet with a safety shield. It looks like they are usually made of mesh. I would like this for tree work and when using a bobcat skid steer backhoe attachment. I have used the backhoe to pry on stumps and some chips have come back at me, but I have been lucky. I don't want to get one in the face. Any recommendations? Thank you.

The volunteer trail maintenance crew I work on requires USFS training and PPE. I bought a Stihl Helmet with a faceshield and hearing protection; when I bought it I thought it was kind of dorky.
Having used it I couldn't believe how wrong I was. It's cooler than a hat on a hot day, no chips in the face, and the hearing protection is comfortable and effective. Chances are the Husqvarna helmet is every bit as good.
The other job it excels at is weed whacking/brush cutting with my FS250.

I’m a tin hat full brim guy you can add on the face shield any time you want and they have personally saved my head a time or two I don’t think a plastic one would have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Husqvarna Technical Forest is pretty nice.

I had a Rockman Premium that I really liked before that.

Before the Rockman, I tried several other "cheaper" ones and they all had a very short life ended up costing me more than the better helmets.

Thanks guys. I wonder if the Husqvarna technical helmet is worth the pretty penny. The Husqvarna Forest version is much cheaper. Any experience with the two?

Sorry...corrected my above post, it is the Technical forest that I have. I like it...like I said, I thought the Rockman (which is in the same price range) was a better value than cheaper helmets. So far I like the fit/feel of the Husqvarna Technical Forest better.

i have thehusqvarna technical forest lids for my groundies comfortable, does the job they like them, myself and my climber trainee run the pfanner protos, but that's$$$$

Latest posts

Back