PM Canadien

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what saw project is represented in this picture, besides the obvious?

Chris B.
PM 360 the cream coloured pieces, the other 2 Blue and Red are top covers for the PM 275 and 270.
Have to clear coat some parts tomorrow ( hopefully) then start putting the 360 together.
Waiting for a call from Motion Canada for some bearings.

I just bought by first canadien saw. I plan to restore it, although it looks pretty good as is. I’m guessing regular cream powder coat is correct for these? And satin black
844cd94cd12228c6b133b05a14400a73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought by first canadien saw. I plan to restore it, although it looks pretty good as is. I’m guessing regular cream powder coat is correct for these? And satin black
844cd94cd12228c6b133b05a14400a73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be honest if that's the original paint on that 175, i would leave it original. It looks cool. I repainted my 270 because the original paint was almost completely gone or painted over in silver paint from a long time ago.

To be honest if that's the original paint on that 175, i would leave it original. It looks cool. I repainted my 270 because the original paint was almost completely gone or painted over in silver paint from a long time ago.
My guess would be a 175 and it looks in good shape. It might say on the front right beside the chain adjuster.

I'm working on a PM 360 Canadien now, some new paint, gas tank has been cleaned and coated. Might have it running next week.View attachment 804559
That disassembled Fairbanks Morse recoil reminds me how much I hated working on that stupid thing, and especially the damn recoil spring. The dumb thing seems to work well enough though.

ive never seen black top cover on pm.
might wanna research it some...
had quick look @ acres. it is black.
learn somethin everyday.
eye would not repaint in that case.
That's a good thing!
To me this CAD is exercise for the brain, learned a lot about saws in the last couple years.
Just need a bigger shop, more tools.
A lot of knowledgeable people sharing information on here, it helps.
Enough to keep me busy for awhile, But a few I still want to find.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    904.7 KB · Views: 15
Picked up a few Canadien 21s. Complete one has good compression, no real problems. Got it tore apart and soaking right now. Should have crank seals for it. What's more, I have another 21 to put together. Taking two saws to make one. The first had a ruined top end from something jamming in the bore and locking it up. I'll have to completely dismantle the bottom end for bearings. The other 21 filled with water and locked up. Got the top end off and apart, will need rings. The bottom end is shaky to say the least.

Lastly, I got a batch of 275/276 parts to put together. Between all these and what I have, should be able to build a 276 gear drive and a pair of 275s.pm21 _1.jpgpm21_2.jpgpm21_3.jpg

Chris B.

The 2 handlebars I removed both have some blue remaining behind. Presumably, the original color. Something to consider.
The blue is interesting . The. 360 is back together, it was a little different, there is defiantly an order for assembly I had to re& re a few parts.
Starter cup is worn too much, need another. Missing Exhaust cover plate.

The blue is interesting . The. 360 is back together, it was a little different, there is defiantly an order for assembly I had to re& re a few parts.
Starter cup is worn too much, need another. Missing Exhaust cover plate.

Attachments

• IMG_2130.JPG
    IMG_2130.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2133.JPG
    IMG_2133.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Back