PM Canadien

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2 handlebars I removed both have some blue remaining behind. Presumably, the original color. Something to consider.
Mine also had a lot of blue on it when I picked it up..... I assumed it had been re-sprayed at some point in its life. maybe not?
The blue and yellow saws were exported to Australia I believe and sold under Mobilco's name? We would need an Aussie to confirm.

20190528_173034.jpg

Looks good! mine is missing the little stand by the bar pad that stops the saw falling over. I'd appreciate a close up photo of that so that maybe I can reproduce one.
Mine is also missing the "intermediate" part of the air filter housing, the base and cover are there, but not the middle casting, so detailed photos of that would also be appreciate.

For the worn out starter cup, I've had lots of success machining them out, then pressing in an insert.

20160319_130524.jpg

This one is coincidentally on a PM 340.

Running now. Clutch needs springs and I have to clean up the bar/chain.
How does it run compared to other saws of the vintage?
I'd be curious to see a heads up comparison to the IEL offerings of the day seeing as they were made just down the road from each other.

Looks good! mine is missing the little stand by the bar pad that stops the saw falling over. I'd appreciate a close up photo of that so that maybe I can reproduce one.
Mine is also missing the "intermediate" part of the air filter housing, the base and cover are there, but not the middle casting, so detailed photos of that would also be appreciate.

For the worn out starter cup, I've had lots of success machining them out, then pressing in an insert.

View attachment 806217

This one is coincidentally on a PM 340.
I, will get some pictures of the parts put on here. The piece that supports the saw is different on some.
I think if the saw was purchased without a bucking spike this is what it had instead of the spike ( #15 ).Bottom right is the air filter part your looking for. If you would like more pictures of the parts let me know.IMG_2107.JPGIMG_1078.PNG
I would also like to find a foot pad for both 360 and 275.

I, will get some pictures of the parts put on here. The piece that supports the saw is different on some.
I think if the saw was purchased without a bucking spike this is what it had instead of the spike ( #15 ).Bottom right is the air filter part your looking for. If you would like more pictures of the parts let me know.View attachment 806230View attachment 806231
I would also like to find a foot pad for both 360 and 275.
yeah #15 is what I think is missing from my saw. And yes, please, if you could send a couple other photos of the air filter piece i'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

How does it run compared to other saws of the vintage?
I'd be curious to see a heads up comparison to the IEL offerings of the day seeing as they were made just down the road from each other.

Modifiedmark and I were talking about that comparison. We are going to list all the major 5 cube saws of the time, 1957 or so, and put them head to head. IEL HC, Poulan H200, Mac D36, Homelite EZ-6.

Mine also had a lot of blue on it when I picked it up..... I assumed it had been re-sprayed at some point in its life. maybe not?
The blue and yellow saws were exported to Australia I believe and sold under Mobilco's name? We would need an Aussie to confirm.

View attachment 806216

I meant blue paint on the aluminum handlebar not the saw. The saw itself is white and red. All 3 of the 21s have blue paint on the handlebars.

Thanks for the detailed photos! I appreciate it!

That would be very cool to see a comparison video of them.

Started disassembly of the 360 last night... all I can say is wow. they sure made it complicated.

Started disassembly of the 360 last night... all I can say is wow. they sure made it complicated.
I had to do a lot of re and re when putting my 360 back together. Put the fuel line that runs from the tank to carb thru the frame and attach to the carb before installing the carb, leave the primer pump and oil pump off or loose until the tank is in place. Just a couple things that caused me grief.

Anyone know what bar mount these saws use? I might would put a longer bar on this one.
4441bb4c24208407439ec4b70b76a42f.jpg

148e53446b5c3adaa27c5c80bbe55f96.jpg

5b3c8839b66decb7e1c6f6da38819942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Canadien mount was its own specific pattern. Old Oregon universal bars work well, like what Remingtons use. I think I used a Homelite XL series bar with a bit of modification. I imagine a C series would work as well.

Building up a 276 gear with auto oiling. I acquiring a whole box of parts, just about enough to build a 276 and a 275 manual oiling, plus a 2nd 275 auto with what I already have. The only thing I'll be short are exhausts. Anyway, some pictures of the 276. Piston doesn't poke out much at TDC and nearly disappears at BDC. Those Canadiens and Pioneers....IMG_20200320_56774.jpgIMG_20200320_41199.jpgIMG_20200320_12102.jpgIMG_20200320_36418.jpgIMG_20200320_52360.jpgIMG_20200320_47576.jpg

Whole lot of backwards steps today.

First, the crank for the gear drive is the wrong crank. Keyway is about 180° off. I can't even guess what this belongs to as my IPL shows gear and direct sharing cranks. I have a correct crank so all I've lost is time.

Second, the direct drive manual oiling crankcase is about 1/2" shorter where the fuel tank mounts. Top cover won't fit. I'll just use an auto-oiling crankcase. This explains the carb adapter I have that is about 1/2" narrower to match the closer rear handle.

Thirdly, my PM21 is showing weak spark. Made a liar out me at Mark's. Points and condenser on the way.

Good thing I only do this for fun.

Chris B.

Back