PM Canadien

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@89HD when you restored the 360, where did you get the grommets that go in the tank for the fuel and oil lines? I've tried looking online and I can't find any Buna N grommets that are the right size.

Let me know, I've just got to spray the clear then I can begin re-assembly. I had to patch the oil tank with some JB weld, then I Redkote'd both the oil and gas tanks.
I actually had 3 and one was still usable, not sure if they will stand up to fuel. I've had them for a few years.
I was going to go to a hydraulic shop to look for some.

My 360 had evidently had some issues at some point in its life... Looks like it lost a bottom end bearing or sparkplug electrode and the piston must have been replaced, because there is no damage to the one that was in there. The bore is ok, I expect it will be a bit low on compression, but it should still run.

20200330_173207.jpg
I flattened it out as best I could with some sandpaper on a mandrel. For the amount I'll run this saw it doesn't matter.

Just got to spray the clear, then I can begin re-assembly.
20200330_173231.jpg

My 360 had evidently had some issues at some point in its life... Looks like it lost a bottom end bearing or sparkplug electrode and the piston must have been replaced, because there is no damage to the one that was in there. The bore is ok, I expect it will be a bit low on compression, but it should still run.

View attachment 812994
I flattened it out as best I could with some sandpaper on a mandrel. For the amount I'll run this saw it doesn't matter.

Just got to spray the clear, then I can begin re-assembly.
View attachment 812992
Looking good, I might not get there today.

No luck there, would a place like Gregg supply carry something like that?
Not too sure. I looked at Fastenal, Mcmaster Carr and the other "usual" places but couldn't find what I wanted. I got some electrical grommets that are SBR or vinyl, neither of which are impervious to gasoline, but if it is going to be relegated to being a show saw, then that might be all I need.

Not too sure. I looked at Fastenal, Mcmaster Carr and the other "usual" places but couldn't find what I wanted. I got some electrical grommets that are SBR or vinyl, neither of which are impervious to gasoline, but if it is going to be relegated to being a show saw, then that might be all I need.
Found a place for some grommetsIMG_2288.JPG

I got my 360 back together over the weekend. Thanks @89HD for the reassembly tips. They definitely helped.
Saw has good spark and good compression, should run all right. Made a bucking spike based on the very limited photos I could find online, seems to hold the saw upright-ish. I also still need to make the air filter mount and a muffler cover. Mine is rotted away. I also am missing the rubber/plastic handle insert, but I think I can make one out of some 3/4" rubber airline, I'll just glue it in.

I also had to re-manufacture the automatic oil pump diaphragm out of some old carb metering diaphragms that I had on hand, I hope it works ok.

20200405_161436.jpg20200405_161442.jpg20200405_161511.jpg

I can't believe how they fit 95ccs into such a small package.

I got my 360 back together over the weekend. Thanks @89HD for the reassembly tips. They definitely helped.
Saw has good spark and good compression, should run all right. Made a bucking spike based on the very limited photos I could find online, seems to hold the saw upright-ish. I also still need to make the air filter mount and a muffler cover. Mine is rotted away. I also am missing the rubber/plastic handle insert, but I think I can make one out of some 3/4" rubber airline, I'll just glue it in.

I also had to re-manufacture the automatic oil pump diaphragm out of some old carb metering diaphragms that I had on hand, I hope it works ok.

View attachment 814971View attachment 814972View attachment 814973

I can't believe how they fit 95ccs into such a small package.
Nice work. Your chrome is good.

Makes me wonder why so many of these saws didn't come with bucking/falling spikes? If they were intended to be used as logging saws then they should have them right?
It was tough to find a good photo of the spike to copy. It also seems strange to not see many with the full wrap handlebar. Out here almost everything has one.

From the looks of it, the oiler diaphragm is the same as a 270.

Nice looking saw and good work.
Thanks!

I had a couple minutes last night to work in the shop so I cranked out a new muffler cover, it just has 3/16" slots in it, no louvers, but its 1/8" plate with a step milled into it to index into the tin muffler body, so it should take the heat a little bit better in the long run. Looks all right.

20200406_180719.jpg

Now I just need to get some gauge thickness sheet metal and I will have a go at making the air filter mount.

Thanks!

I had a couple minutes last night to work in the shop so I cranked out a new muffler cover, it just has 3/16" slots in it, no louvers, but its 1/8" plate with a step milled into it to index into the tin muffler body, so it should take the heat a little bit better in the long run. Looks all right.

View attachment 815322

Now I just need to get some gauge thickness sheet metal and I will have a go at making the air filter mount.

After working on 270/275s almost exclusively, those later Canadiens are a bit weird looking.

Back