pole pruner head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tree Machine said:
Lifetime guarantee on the bull lopper head.
attachment.php

Hey Tree Machine, that's a pretty sweet splice from your rope to webbing. Did you use Photoshops splicing instructions? :laugh:

Corona 1600

The trouble I had with the Corona 1600 is the arm is so long it often hits other branches when you are trying to make a cut. I like the Friskars slide handle pruners. They can cut up to about an inch, but are fast and no moving arm or pull rope to get in the way. Everything is enclosed.
Friskars makes good tools. I like their splitting axe with the wedge design. I had one of their pruners and left it outside and when I found it, the squirrels had chewed off some of the plastic cover on the handles.
My Corona 1600 must be 40 years old. I think it is now called the 6881 model.

I might have the record here for still in use Marvins. I have 3 clipper heads left from my Dad's business, he would have bought in the early 70's. Back then we still used wood, I think they were Fir, pole handles. About 15 years ago I was using a pole saw up in a tree. After making the cut, I let the pole slide through my hands to clip it on my belt, and ran a splinter all the way through my hand. It went through the pad between your thumb and forefinger. After that I bought a set of Marvin fiberglass handles. Still use one clipper head. Any one in MD that wants the other two, I'd trade them for a six pack of Loose Cannon IPA. I might still have one of their "Bull Clips". I didn't know they had a life time guarantee. Mine has a crack in the hook. If I can find it, you can have it too.

I switched over to fiberglass about 15 years ago when I was dead wooding a big Oak. I let my wood pole slide through my hand and ran a splinter all the way through my hand, Went through the meaty part between thumb and forefinger.

Back