Pole Saw Recommendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch123

Reaction score
Hi There, I tried searching for some forums about tree trimming and gardening, and I came around this forum. I just want to check if you have any feedback about GreenWorks Pole Saw - I saw a good review here - thewiredshopper.com/best-pole-saws-to-buy. Are there any other good brands you can recommend? I will basically use this for trimming our Hawthorn which is really getting very thick. The height is around 15ft. Really a pain. :oops:

Sikly Hayate or Hayauchi. No..they are not powered pole saws, but they are very very good. I'll cut limbs 4-5" in diameter as long as I can look up.

Sound like good Japanese brands? Looks like they are manual though and useful for very high trees. Worth a check as it's more affordable. :chainsaw:

2-3 pole extensions, a saw head and pole clip head. My pole clip is notch as is my saw head with a Japanese brand blade (don’t remember which). For pruning smaller limbs and trees like hawthorns I prefer a smaller saw blade. You are less likely to cause damage if you follow through with your cut too much using manual tools. Hawthorne are awesome trees so it’s worth doing it right the first time and you don’t have to worry about production efficiencies with your own tree.

i had trees at front porch that needed trimming every year, when they were smaller i used manual saw but as it grew larger it became very difficult to trim with manual saw, i got an echo 2100 pole saw, in few years they were too tall for it. i finally got a stihl km130 with extension and chain saw attachment and it was easy to use and worked great for all the rest of time i owned the house

Welcome to A.S.!

There are a few types of polesaws.

For occasional, residential use, a telescoping, manual saw is a good choice. Corona makes several models, including several with a looper that can cut / prune branches up to an inch or so. Some reach up to 16 feet. They provide the most control.

Professional, manual pole saws typically use sectional, fiberglass poles, that can reach higher, but can be cumbersome.

Powered pole saws (gas, electric, or battery) can be better for larger diameter limbs. A corded electric can be bought for about $100, and are very low maintenance.

Battery pole saws ($250 - $300) offer more convenience, but make more sense if you use a variety of tools that use the same batteries. Greenworks is a well respected brand.

Gas pole saws ($300 -$650) have the most power, but are heavy, noisy, and highest maintenance.

Philbert

Any feedback about GreenWorks Pole Saw you can find on this blog https://polesawguide.com/reviews/sun-joe-swj806e-review/, but the link already indicates the brand and model of Sun Joe SWJ806E that I want to recommend. And you can find reviews and the best models on GreenWorks in this blog by entering the name in the search field. In principle, these saws are in the same price segment and the quality seems to be the same.

Latest posts

Back