Pole saw recommendations and opinions!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only cut a few branches besides the one I mentioned.
Like others have discussed it cuts like a hot knife through butter. As it should, it's a 28CC chain saw on a stick with a 12" narrow kerf blade.
Obligatory pic, my 6'3" son with the 13' 2" saw while we were still waiting for the 4' extension:
View attachment 605581
The bike helmet is a nice touch and a good idea. In my experience when using a pole saw all of the large branches fall on the operator.

My son has the Kombi base system, but my understanding is that with the Kombi my max length would be about 9 feet (base=3ft, extension=3', saw head=3ft). The HT 133 goes out to 11' 6" - no extensions. The Echo goes out to 17' 2" w/ a 4 foot extension!!.
Kombi ( KM130/1 ) 3 foot, 2 extensions ( I have customers that run 3 extensions ) 6 foot and the saw head 3 foot... 12 feet. You can opt for the Carbon Fiber extensions and save the weight. I have the HT 75 and a HT 130 and they are stellar performers. 130 has gobs of power and is the industry standard around here. The HT131 has been a great seller for us, and been holding up really well thus far.

Kombi ( KM130/1 ) 3 foot, 2 extensions ( I have customers that run 3 extensions ) 6 foot and the saw head 3 foot... 12 feet. You can opt for the Carbon Fiber extensions and save the weight. I have the HT 75 and a HT 130 and they are stellar performers. 130 has gobs of power and is the industry standard around here. The HT131 has been a great seller for us, and been holding up really well thus far.

I liked hearing that...........:rock2:

Sold 2 just today the forestry service of my town. I also got another ht75 that I will convert with a fs130 into a ht 130 later this month :eek: that will make 3 in the garage.

I've only cut a few branches besides the one I mentioned.
Like others have discussed it cuts like a hot knife through butter. As it should, it's a 28CC chain saw on a stick with a 12" narrow kerf blade.
Obligatory pic, my 6'3" son with the 13' 2" saw while we were still waiting for the 4' extension:
View attachment 605581
Good deal glad you like it....

I love my bjameson 18’ pole saw....I will say this, if a guy used that daily, he would be a stout man....I have used it at full length on full blade cuts, it will give you a work out LOL...

Since I got the pole saw I have since learned to climb, so now there isn’t a tree that I shouldn’t be able to handle.....of course I know my limitations and won’t push them, climbing is undoubtably one of the most dangerous jobs!!!

Good deal glad you like it....

I love my bjameson 18’ pole saw....I will say this, if a guy used that daily, he would be a stout man....I have used it at full length on full blade cuts, it will give you a work out LOL...

Since I got the pole saw I have since learned to climb, so now there isn’t a tree that I shouldn’t be able to handle.....of course I know my limitations and won’t push them, climbing is undoubtably one of the most dangerous jobs!!!
Climbing is rarely dangerous, it's coming down quickly and stopping suddenly that is the problem :)

The ht103 is a no go for me. Great power and ergonomics but the 1/4" bars bend easy, and the oil travels through the clutch cover. Constantly clogging up. Is that how the ht101 is? I got a 3/8 spur from stihl and tried a picco bar with similar results. And I'll say this the 103 has more power than any pole saw I've ever had, it's constantly wide open while cutting. No bog at all. Plus the shaft scattered too.

The ht103 is a no go for me. Great power and ergonomics but the 1/4" bars bend easy, and the oil travels through the clutch cover. Constantly clogging up. Is that how the ht101 is? I got a 3/8 spur from stihl and tried a picco bar with similar results. And I'll say this the 103 has more power than any pole saw I've ever had, it's constantly wide open while cutting. No bog at all. Plus the shaft scattered too.
Are you talking about the newest model they have out....I just assume it is since you say it has 1/4...

Just curious to how these new models are doingnin the field....I personally haven’t ran one yet....

Back