Polish Plum Cake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent. I have neighbor with a plum tree. Not high yielding, and none this year. Next time they have a bumper crop, I'll have to give this a try. I'm right now processing gallons of Peaches. Unfortunately many have turned the corner already. But I do have a 7Qt crock pot going that will fill lots of jars for peach jam. Normally I toss some Jalapenos in to give it an edge but this year it is just the peaches.

I have about 20 pizzas in the freezer. I should probably stop for awhile. :crazy:

Two years ago, neighbors gave me a 26cuft chest freezer, and initially, I thought there is no way I can use such a large freezer. Last month I had to put a 25lb bag of sugar on the lid to hold it down.

Me too! :laugh:
Seriously, I've been doing more cooking and baking this past year than I think I've done my entire life. I found a facebook group for Sicilians and we have a big time sharing recipes.
I make a lot, but I just leave a few out and put the rest in the freezer. When the freezer is full, I slack off for a while. :D

I'm posting this mainly for MontanaResident since he has so many apricots, thought he might be able to use them in place of the plums.With the plums, it is absolutely delicious, especially warm with vanilla ice cream on top. :sweet:
Polish Plum Cake
Cake batter
125 g (1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon) butter
150 g (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. Fiori di Sicily
3 eggs, large 5 g (1/2 tsp) salt
300 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
10 g (2 tsp) baking powder
185 ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk
125 g (1/2 cup) sour cream

sure looks delicious! made some Polish stuffed cabbage rolls other day. golumpkis. great meal! if only I had some Polish Plum Cake to go with it... had to settle for homemade ice cream sandwich...
P1120029.JPG

P1110022.JPGP1110026.JPGP1120030.JPGP1130009.JPG

Latest posts

Back