Poll: What model for the next AS build off??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What model would you prefer to see in the next AS build off?

• 044/MS440/046/MS460/Hybrid

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • MS441

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • MS261

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 026/MS260

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 066/MS660

Votes: 28 14.7%

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • 385/390

• 394/395

Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 29 15.2%

• Total voters
Mini Mac was my first thought also.

Those things are utter garbage. I got parts from two that you can HAVE for the price of shipping. Let me know before the trash can in the garage goes out.

I'd like to see a 60cc build off.

Maybe do a CC class buildoff, not a certain model buildoff? Anything designated for XXcc's gets an entrance?

It wouldn't be cheap, not even close, but I would be curious to see some 80-90cc saws in real wood for a build-off. That's where you are going to see some major differences in times. An ms660/066 build off, for 36" bars, with target wood in the 32"+ range would be something to see.

If a 346 was done, I probably could be talked into buying one and having it modded. I do know for a fact that I don't like a stock one. The 372 still is the first one out of the shoot, even more so now that it is modded. CJ

It wouldn't be cheap, not even close, but I would be curious to see some 80-90cc saws in real wood for a build-off. That's where you are going to see some major differences in times. An ms660/066 build off, for 36" bars, with target wood in the 32"+ range would be something to see.

i agree 100 %...........just happen to have a sweet looking hardly used 660 sitting around waiting..
how many times can i vote ??? hehehehe

as nmurph has said you have to keep the build on the same chassis of saw or your not comparing apples to apples. were testing building skills against each other using the same platform. it is hard to do that if your all building different saws. if your racing a certain cube class then its run what you brung. if your doing a build off you have to have rules and everyone uses the same case,carb ,cylinder etc. to keep it a level field. but what do i know

I'd say the 50cc range...just what I enjoy running the most as a home firewood cutter. Model doesn't matter, Dolmar, Husky, Stihl.

as nmurph has said you have to keep the build on the same chassis of saw or your not comparing apples to apples. were testing building skills against each other using the same platform. it is hard to do that if your all building different saws. if your racing a certain cube class then its run what you brung. if your doing a build off you have to have rules and everyone uses the same case,carb ,cylinder etc. to keep it a level field. but what do i know

I guess if it is a build-off, those would be the rules. Even so, I would find it far more interesting to see a class of saws. Afterall, as we saw with the last buildoff, there isn't gonna be a huge difference when using the same chassis. But I would think the results would be all over the place if we did a 50cc shootout VS a Dolmar 5100 shootout. Also, a lot more saws may show up as well. Just saying...

Last edited:
I really think 25 saws is plenty enough to test seeing it took about w hours of non stop testing. Ptjeep and carl were busy as could be for that time swapping bars and chains.

Not a saw builder but think a Homie XL12 Super would be a good choice.

I still say we need a leaf blower buildoff...

Back